Meeting With You ❃

Chuuya's POV:
Oh.

Oh.

I had finally planned out when to meet up with Dazai. I couldn't wait!

I, Chuuya Nakahara, had been looking forward to this day for a month... and it was finally here. Not that I was desperate or anything, it’s just that it had been such a long time since I last saw the goddamn mackerel.

I stood inside the entrance of the restaurant where we had agreed to meet, glancing around at the lavish surroundings. The ambiance was sophisticated, with soft jazz music playing in the background and the faint clinking of glasses creating a soothing rhythm. The dining area was elegantly decorated, with beautiful satin curtains draped from the ceiling and chandeliers casting a warm, golden glow over the room. The tiled floor gleamed under the lights, and the guests, dressed in their finest attire, added to the opulence with their bright jewelry and sophisticated manners.

I shifted impatiently, checking my watch for the tenth time in five minutes. Just as I was about to give up and sit down, I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around, and there he was.

Dazai.

His dark brunette hair fell messily into place, framing his enchanting brown eyes. He wore a somewhat fancy outfit, more refined than I remembered, and yet so unmistakably him.

"Dazai," I said, feeling my face heat up slightly. I could have said something more profound, but that would have made it too obvious how eager I was to see him. Which, for the record, I was not.

"Chuuya! It's been a while," he responded, a slight sparkle in his eyes. It was something I never thought I'd see seven years ago.

"We should go in now," I said with a small smile, signaling my approval of the chosen place.

We walked in, the beautiful satin curtains and the gleaming tiled floor guiding us to our table. The restaurant was filled with posh guests, their bright jewelry and other small embellishments making them look like part of the decor. It was stunning.

As we settled into our seats, we began with small talk. I found myself genuinely enjoying the conversation. We talked about traveling—a subject I had been passionate about for a while. The idea of seeing different landmarks, exploring diverse cultures, and tasting new foods seemed so thrilling.

My thoughts were interrupted by the waitress approaching our table. She greeted us warmly. I half-expected Dazai to start blabbering on about committing double suicide with her or how beautiful she was to exist in such a horrid world, but to my surprise, he gestured for me to order first, keeping his mouth shut.

After we ordered, she thanked us and skipped off, probably relieved to get away from Dazai.

"So, Chuuya, what have you been up to recently?" Dazai asked. His tone was serious, a side of him I rarely saw. It was intriguing.

"Ah, well, I work from home now. I think it's a waste of time to go place to place every day for some stupid, underpaying job," I replied, making sure to emphasize my disdain for conventional employment.

"Huh, that's interesting coming from you. I honestly expected more," Dazai said with a small smirk, his eyes narrowing slightly as he stared at me.

"Hah?! What's that supposed to mean?" I spat back, but his smirk only widened as he smoothly changed the subject.

We continued our conversation until the waitress returned with our food. The presentation was stunning, each dish meticulously arranged. As we ate, I couldn't help but notice how Dazai's eyes lit up when he talked about things he was passionate about. He mostly spoke about his job and how friendly his coworkers were, though he didn't go into much detail.

After finishing our meal and paying the bill, we stepped out of the restaurant. The night air was cool, and the city lights twinkled like stars. We stood in silence for a moment, the world around us fading into the background.

"Chuuya," Dazai said softly, stepping closer to me.

"Hm?" I replied, locking eyes with his. My heart began to race, and I felt a strange nervousness wash over me. He inched closer, and though I knew I needed to get home since it was already 10 PM, I found myself unable to move.

He gently placed a finger under my chin, tilting my head up slightly before leaning in. Our lips met, and I felt a rush of emotions I couldn't quite explain. My heart fluttered wildly, beating out of rhythm.

I didn't want this moment to end.

This version adds more detail and emotion to Chuuya's perspective, emphasizing his surroundings and inner turmoil.