The Dragon of the East Part V

Hello Wattpad Readers.

I own nothing and Valyrian will be italicized.

Enjoy.

Leah was in her bed chambers, lying on her bed while reading the book of Lann the Clever. The book always soothed her in times of stress, and she needed it after what happened today. When maester Orwyle provided her herbs to ease her discomfort, Leah felt better until she was at the royal gardens and felt the pain return. Then when she was on her way to her chambers in the Red Keep, she got shortness of breath as she went up the stairs. She wasn't sure what was happening to her, but she only cared about her child. Her thoughts were interrupted as Baelar entered the room and made his way to the bed.

"How was it," Leah asked as she put the book away, knowing that her husband was playing cyvasse with his half-brother Aeron.

"Great," Baelar answered with an amused smile, "It took time to explain the rules to him, but we played eventually. Although he did flip the board after he lost."

"He flipped the board," Leah chuckled with eyebrows raised.

"He doesn't take losing very well," Baelar chuckled as his wife did the same.

"I'm glad you had a good time," Leah told him.

Baelar nodded as he drifted off sadly, "What's wrong?" Leah asked.

"Nothing. I just asked Aeron if our father was wearing his medallion when he died," Baelar told her.

"The medallion," Leah repeated, "the one your father," She began to say as Baelar nodded to confirm her answer.

"He said he wasn't wearing it, and he doesn't know where it is," Baelar continued, "I just thought that if I had it then," he stopped talking.

Leah looked at Baelar and asked, "If you had it, then what?"

"Then I would have something of him with me," Baelar finished.

Leah, giving him a sympathetic smile, took his hands and said, "You still have his letter. You could read it now."

Baelar thought about it. He wanted to read it but didn't feel ready to, "Maybe," he told her. Then he got up and said, "I'm going to bed."

Leah grabbed his hand and asked, "Can you stay here tonight?" Baelar then looked at her with confusion, "I just want to be with you," she told him. She doesn't want to be alone because she's afraid something might happen to her or the baby, and she wants to be close to her husband if that happens. Baelar, after seeing her pleading look, decided to stay for the night. He got on the bed and wrapped his arms around Leah as she rested her head on his chest. She was scared for her child, but now she feels safe with her husband's arms around her.

0000000000

It was the hour of the wolf, and Aeron was lying on the bed in his father's old bedroom. After playing a couple of rounds of cyvasse with Baelar, the prince decided to go to bed for the night. Aeron, however, did not want to sleep. He was finally in the Red Keep, his father's home. He remembered all the stories Aegon told him when he was younger and wanted to go and explore everything. The little boy got up from the bed, took his dragon toy, and went to the door, but then remembered that the king had a Kingsguard knight at the door for protection, but that didn't stop him. He then went across the room to a nearby window. He went to the windowsill, undid the latch, and looked down as he saw the flights of stairs in the Red Keep. It was dark and empty, meaning everyone in the castle was asleep, the perfect time to explore the Keep. He then went to bed, pulled out the covers and sheets to tie them together, and climbed out of the windowsill.