Synopsis

Road To Hope follows an altered timeline of the Arknights game. It takes place on the same timeline as my take on Tom Clancy's The Division. So, expect a (permanent) crossover down the line.

Like the original game, Road To Hope is set in a dystopian, post-apocalyptic future setting, where people exhibit "kemonomimi" features – characteristics of animals or mythological races. Natural disasters leave behind a valuable mineral, originium, which infects people with a progressive disease, oripathy, but also allows them to also use "Arts" (magic). Because oripathy is highly infectious and invariably fatal, the infected are shunned and persecuted. In response, some of them form the Reunion movement, a militant group waging war on the world's most despotic governments.

In this series, which is set on Earth rather than Terra, the setting in question is Ukraine, though the city names will remain and people still exhibit "kemonomimi" features; Oripathy, while still allowing its victims to use Arts, isn't really fatal as it is in the game, but it's still highly infectious and has led to widespread persecution; The Reunion, while still a raging threat, has only been able to spread their influence to the Eastern US, but they are also suffering from infighting as some have seen enough of the damage caused by the conflict.

Like the game, the series follows a masked and amnesiac "Doctor", who commands a team of "operators" of Rhodes Island, a pharmaceutical, medical, and self-defense organization. As oripathy spreads, Rhodes Island searches for a cure while defending itself against several enemies.

In this series, the Doctor is named [101311 20151818519], but he still has some amnesia, and his backstory is slightly modified from the original; Rhodes Island, while still keeping its role as a pharmaceutical, medical, and self-defense organization, is now the Rhode Island Foundation (RIF), based in the titular state, and run by the state's government, and the group that [20151818519] commands is only a mere Ukrainian branch; The search for a cure for oripathy had since been dashed away after a Reunion invasion destroyed the Ukraine Branch's headquarters.