Chapter 6

The next morning, we had the three cards with our pictures to get into KSI.
Mine only wore glasses, but that was the only difference to my normal looks.
We drove to the back entrance, where cars were bought for scanning with Bumblebee, while the other bots were nearby.
Tessa stayed with Drift, to his horror and her excitement?
It also caused me to feel uneasy.
Could it be, because I was scared that she would be able to manipulate him into disliking me?
Or because he was my best friend?
I had no idea, but I really hated this feeling.
I never felt like this, not even when my boyfriend kissed another girl in front of me, more than once by the way, the time I was in a relationship four to three years ago.
We were driving to the checkpoint, men with guns standing around it.
And Cade and Shane choose exactly this moment to start an argument.
I wish they were machines, then I could have at least hacked into them and make them stop talking if Shane broke into their house to meet Tessa in the middle of the night or not.
“Guys, wrong timing.”
I told them, but was ignored.
I really should have stayed with the others.
At least they make useful conversations and funny conversations at the right times.
We drove into a circular room, where a woman's voice was talking and people in white exiting from.
Inside the room stood a reddish robot beside a reddish car.
If this was a transformer, I would have said that someone had separated vehicle and robot mode and put them beside each other.
Stinger, the woman had introduced the robot as, but to me, it just looked like a failed, cheap copy.
“Kinda looks like you, Bee.”
Cade said, making me look out the window and analyze the robot again.
He was right, now that made it look even more like a cheap copy in my eyes.
Cade got out and I followed, immediately leaving the room.
I already knew Bee's temper, and I did not want to get caught in an argument between the three men.
Walking around the building, I began searching for the higher ups offices, because if anyone had information, it was them.
I heard several people talking about something named 'Transformium' and filed that away for later, continuing to walk through the levels.
At some point, I heard an alarm, so I walked faster, entering the first office without a person I saw, seating myself behind the computer and thanking my height for the first time in my life, as no one would be able to see my face behind the computer, but would still see someone working.
The user was still logged in, but some, or most, of the files were coded, making me crack my chuckles and smirk.
Challenge on.
I began decoding the files and filtering the decoded version onto a flashdrive I carried with me for safekeeping, ignoring the still ringing alarm, even though it was beginning to get on my nerves.
I finished just as the alarm went out, making me stand up and speed out of the office, towards the place where I had seen several people in white coats.
Even though I never reached it, because I bumped into Cade, who was being escorted somewhere, I was immediately taken with them.
Luckily they didn't see where I came from.
I thought with a slight frown, getting seated beside Cade in an office.
"Look, I want a lawyer, the justice department, somebody I can trust."
Cade started, getting stared at by the owner of the company.
I seriously don't even remember his name, having been on the run for too long.
Instead, I looked behind us, seeing Attinger come in.
I gritted my teeth.
I knew this guy from the database from cementery wind.
He is their leader.
And he is the one who has the biggest problem with me on this planet besides Savory.
This won't end well for me.
"Mr. Yeager, who do you think I work for."
He finally interrupted Cade.
I blinked.
"What was your last sentence again?"
I asked him with a whisper.
"I wasn't really paying attention and looked to see if I could find a way out of here more."
"I told him I want to protect my family from the government and not his company."
He whispered back, before both of us turned our attention back to Attinger.
"Now, there is a version of this conversation."
Attinger began, seating himself across from us.
"Where you got to go back to your barn, your daughter get's to graduate with honors and life as you've known it, will go on. You have no idea what you're involved with here."
"And what about her?"
Cade asked, pointing at me.
"She get's locked away under the highest security known to our kind, for committing several crimes, including but not limited to hacking a military satellite and hiding information about the autobots. Like I said, you have no idea what you're involved with here."
Attinger told him, making Cade tilt his head and remove his glasses he wore as a disguise.
"Really? What's the other version of this conversation? The one where you sent hired help to murder my little girl? Or are you going to man up and do it yourself?"
I nearly hit my head on the table.
Cade why? This was your guy's chance to have a somewhat normal life. You could have just let me here and live.
"The version of this conversation where she."
Cade points at me.
"Ends up dead as soon as I leave, making you the first human that autobots want to officially kill."
"What's your preference?"
Attinger asked Cade, ignoring me completely.
"I'm gonna ask you this once. Where is Optimus Prime?"
The agent continued.
A bit downstairs, sound was heard, together with glass shattering.
I smiled, looking at him when I answered.
"Here."
Behind Cade and me, a blue helicopter showed up, Bumblebee holding onto it and kicking through the glass window, allowing me and Cade to jump onto them.
"Hey, I need to go somewhere."
I told them, jumping down as soon as we neared another level, beginning to run and ignore the glass that I just jumped through.
I reached the laboratory, or one of them, seeing Optimus with Crosshair and Hound there.
"Guys, we have a problem."
I ran towards them, stopping before I nearly collided with Optimus' feet.
"Hey, hey."
The owner of this company screamed, making all of us turn to him.
He blinked, then pointed at me.
"Aren't you supposed to be in a high security cell somewhere?"
I raised an eyebrow.
"Aren't you supposed to be smart enough to not say that in front of my very giant friends?"
I asked back.
"Now what is your problem now? Besides me?"
"Right, stop this. That's company property."
He screamed again.
"Considering we are standing in your company, I kind of guessed that already? I mean, besides the bodys of decepticons and autobots. They belong to cybertronians."
I told him, wondering if he was actually dumb.
Hound pointed his gun at the guy, making him shrink back a bit.
"Go ahead, show us your true colors, once and for all."
At that, I really did hit my head at Optimus' feet.
Isn't this guy supposed to be super smart? Considering he owns a company that plays with cybertronian technology.
"Just give me the word, I'll splat him."
Hound said to Optimus, who raised a hand.
I also obviously missed some part of the conversation, because the next thing I heard from the guy was:
"Don't you get it? We don't need you anymore."
Now, I just began laughing.
"Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Especially with Megatron in your system. Sure, just destroy the earth while you're at it."
I stopped laughing and glared at him.
"I was told today that I have no idea what I'm dealing with. But let me ask you one thing. Does anyone on this planet really know what we are dealing with?"
"Autobots we're done."
Optimus said, turning around to leave.
I tilted my head.
"As you didn't immediately answer, I guess your answer is no."
I sprinted to keep up with them, before getting swept up by Crosshair into his servo.
We all were on the drive again, me back with Drift whose first act it was to tell Ratchet to scan me and make sure nothing happened.
"Sapphire, you said Megatron is in their system, how did you find out?"
I heard Optimus ask through the radio.
Before I could answer, several missiles were shot our way and the bots served out of it, avoiding collateral damage for now.
Turning around in my seat, I caught sight of Galvatron, or Megatron, as the dead robots program had sneaked its way into the new form.
"We gotta go instead of engage, to whoever hears me. That's not an upgraded robot, that's an upgraded Megatron."
I screamed into Drift's radio, panic clear on my face.
Drift, Ratchet and Crosshair speeded up even more, taking the lead before Bee.
"I'm just glad Ratchet changed his alt mode from an ambulance to something else. Otherwise, we would have been found way before this."
I told the blue robot in his vehicle mode.
"That, I can not argue with."
He agreed, continuing to speed forward, leaving Bee and the other humans behind.
"Hey, wait, guys, what about the others?"
"Why? Are you concerned about your love life?"
I knitted my brows together at Hounds words.
"No? I'm concerned for friends and all the other humans there, who have absolutely no idea what is even going on."
"Oh, and what are Bee and Optimus? Dead metal?"
"Hound, Crosshair, have you even listened to me? I'm concerned for my friends. They were included in that. What did you think? And why are you four behaving so strangely all of a sudden?"
We all watched as Optimus and Bumblebee sped past us, before dodging missiles by transforming and jumping over a bridge.
Optimus continued forward with the other humans on the other side, while Bee stayed to shoot at Galvatron, who just split himself before reforming behind Bee, making the yellow bot turn around and look after him confused.
"Ok, as we are stranded here, what is your guys problem with me right now?"
"Oh, and here I thought you were more intelligent than other humans."
Ratchet remarked.
"Seriously now?"
"Girl, shouldn't you be more worried about your future dying than your friendship with us?"
Came from Crosshair, nearly making me hit Drift's dashboard in frustration.
"Your friendship is much more worth to me than any future I could have after this, even if I do agree that it would be nice to get a good job, and besides that, what about my non-existent love life?"
"None existent, heh?"
"Hound, please clarify. You guys are giving me a headache with this."
Silence hit me hard, after no one answered for five minutes.
"Erm, guys?"
"You want to tell me that you didn't notice?"
Ratchet finally started, sounding quite disbelieving.
"Notice what?"
"The looks every male member about your age of the company were giving you?"
Hound continued, very confused by the sound of it.
"What looks?"
I was seriously beginning to question myself.
"Ok, other try. Who were the last male beings you remember looking at you kindly or as if they were in love with you?"
I tilt my head.
"Erm, you four, Bee and Optimus look at me kindly, and Cade who also looks at me like a friend. And, well, if you six don't count, then just Cade I guess."
Drift made a sound I couldn't really say what it was, making me pat the dashboard.
"Hey, you alright?"
I asked him, my eyes widening when the seat belt tightened around me.
Then I smiled, curling my arms around myself in a try to reproduce the hug he was giving me.
"While this is all nice and good, and this conversation between some of us far from over, we should go, Optimus was just captured by Lockdown."
Ratchet interrupted, taking the lead in driving towards Bee, Cade and Shane, Tessa nowhere in sight.