Chapter 7

"So, what now?"
I asked, staring after the alien spaceship that was now heading towards the city.
"Well, we can't let Optimus or Tessa on that thing or with Lockdown. We need to get them."
Shane stated.
"Oh yeah? And how do you want to do that? In case you haven't realized, three of us are humans and I can't hack a spaceship that runs completely on cybertronian codes. I'm good, but not that good. Besides, to get into the information of Megatron, I already needed six codes to be able to understand what is going on. And that was only one file with words I had learned."
I told him, not knowing what to make of that statement, and also still stressed from the argument I had with the other bots.
"Well, maybe you are completely useless and should have not come with us in the first place, instead staying hidden in one of the caves you seem to like so much, if you dont complain about them.?"
I stiffened and turned around.
"I'm useless? Fine. See what you can make with the information on this stick then. See if you can even get it. I'm done. I'm done with the behavior of you and your girlfriend. Imma find my own way to get Optimus back then, if we are just going to argue here. If I find Tessa, I will try to get her back here, but only because I think no one should have to go through whatever horror exists up there. Am. I. Clear?"
I turned back around and walked past the bots back to the city.
They didnt stop me, and I don't blame them.
It was out of line for me, but I guess the stress finally caught up.
I walked towards the next internet cafe and sat myself behind a computer.
I might have doubts if I could hack the ship, but I could at least try.
Maybe it can buy them some time.
I powered up the laptop and searched for the right program.
Then, I began typing.
I need to admit, I started rather slow, needing to find the right place, create ten forsaken codes to finally have a slight understanding of a watered down version of the cybertronian codes and then find an entrance into the thing.
I plugged in some earpads and began hacking the soundsystem first.
After that, I was able to hear everything that was going on on the ship.
"The deal is done, one Prime for one seed."
I heard Lockdown and nearly whooped.
Looks like the system didn't realize I was in at the moment, so I could continue.
Navigating through the codes and the alien language wasn't easy.
At some turns, I couldn't continue with my work, while others just opened up and let me rewrite them.
Well, now the ship has at least lost its natural alarm to intruders.
I then hacked into the security feed, and saw Tessa hiding behind a statue seeing the deal I had just heard.
"Get it ready to drive, full power."
I saw my friends enter the ship, but once Drift said, he would give them ten minutes before the ship fully takes off, I knew I had to try and hack the engine.
Without it working, they should win time and Lockdown would have to deal with the problem of it not working.
Of course there was the risk of me being discovered, but did I care at that moment?
NO!
"Let's stop this nightmare ship."
Crosshair said, and I smiled.
"Way ahead of you."
I whispered, even though I was sure he couldn't hear me.
Instead, I saw all the autobots stiffen and look around.
"Wait, you guys can hear me?"
I whisper ask again, making Drift turn around so fast, I was happy they couldn't get whiplash.
"Yes, we can hear you. But we can't see you. Did Lockdown get you too? Are you on this ship?!"
Hound began to sound panicked the longer he spoke.
"I'm fine. I'm in an internet cafe in the city and hacked the ship. Can you hear me from everywhere?"
"No, just our radio. And thank you. Now I know that I took the wrong human with me."
I paled.
Lockdown could hear me too, well, that was a new version of bad.
"I think, as I have time because of a failing engine, I will go hunting for a brown haired human. What do you think about that?"
"Well, first you might need to check on your anchors."
I told him, hitting a key to make them fire and ground the ship.
"Great, and there goes my hunt."
I continued watching the camera feed and saw Cade eliminating several guards.
I raised my eyebrow impressed.
Switching back to the bots, I saw them reaching Optimus' location.
Searching for the code for his lock, because of course the shackles on his feet needed to be opened with a code and not manually.
What did I expect?
When Optimus announced he was on a separate ship, I began closing the ways into the system I used, to make it harder for Lockdown to find the internet cafe I'm at.
When Drift got Optimus out, I also closed the sound and camera feed, logging out and jumping out of my seat, running out onto the street to find another way to help them.
Rushing over to the building where the anchor was holding on, I glanced over, seeing two jets fly over it.
What can I do? What can I do?
I kept thinking that while running up the inside of the building, stopping at some point to take cover when I saw Bumblebee swinging towards me with Tessa, Shane and Cade.
The glass splittered at the impact, and Bee and the others continued falling, trying to stop the fall by trying to grab onto something.
It didn't work.
I ran over to the crashed window, looking down, only to see a ship halting in front of me with Crosshair on it.
"Get in, then we get the others."
I took a deep breath and nodded, jumping in.
Then, we followed downstairs after the others.
As soon as they were on, we were off again, getting followed and shot at by other flyers.
We could only watch as Bee shot them and Crosshair tried to outmaneuver them.
"Well, not sure if this can count as the craziest shit I've ever done now."
I said, making the others turn to me.
"Oh yeah, then what was?"
I looked at Tessa.
"Till now? Hacking an alien spaceship with little knowledge of their coding language. By the way, nice job in surviving and listening to Lockdown and Attinger."
I screamed over the engine.
"Wait, you saw that?"
She screamed back.
I nodded.
"I was trying to find a way to get Optimus and you off the ship."
We blinked when Crosshair was suddenly in front of us and Bee was driving.
"What did we just miss?"
We both screamed when we realized that we were crashing into a car.
"We missed a lot."
She told me as she watched her father argue with the driver of said car.
"You tell me."
I said, out of breath.
"Well, we might have started off wrong, or it was the near death experience, but, Im Tessa. Tessa Yeager."
I looked at her hand before shaking it.
"Nice to meet you Tessa, I'm Sapphire Spencer. I hope we can get along."