Chapter 5

------------------------------------------------------

Vanya pov.

"Vanya, nice name." He muttered, smiling, "who were you with?" He asked.

"I came with my friend but she left me and went with another friend of hers,"  I told him, still looking down at my hands, not strong enough to meet his gaze.

"Here, drink it," I looked at him, he was holding a glass with some brownish liquid in it.

"What...what is this?" I asked.

"Whiskey, you are shaking. It will help you," he murmured. 

I gasped, "liquor? I don't drink." I told him, my eyes widened. 

He frowned and started me for a long moment. "You don't drink, like never." 

"No." 

He sighed and picked the receiver of the landline from the side table," send me a Cup of hot coffee…" he ordered and put the receiver back. 

"Vanya? You have a unique name, tell me something about yourself, Vanya?" He leaned back on his sofa, his gaze on me.

"There is nothing to tell," I replied, at that moment a knock sounded. 

"Enter," he ordered and a man entered, he was wearing a black suit and holding a tray. "Put it here," he said to the man. 

After the man left,  he gave me the cup "have it."

"No, I don't…" he didn't let me finish the sentence "have it, Vanya," he said in his deep voice.  I met his gaze, his brown eyes starting me. 

With shaking hands, I took the cup and took a sip from it. 

Yuck! My face grimaced, it's horrible.

"What? Don't you like it?" 

"It's bitter," I answered and took another sip, not wanting to waste the coffee. He sighed and tugged the cup from my hand "if you don't like it, no need to have it." 

"It's fine…" 

"I don't like people who lie and you need to learn to say no Vanya," he spoke, I met his eyes and swallowed the lump in my throat. 

He shrieked his eyes, his hand fisted, I was feeling nervous under his gaze, and then my phone rang breaking the trance we were in. I thanked God for that and picked up the call.

"Where are you Vani?" Sangeeta asked over the phone, loud music playing in the background. 

"I am with a man," I replied, meeting his eyes once again, he shook his head and leaned back on his sofa.

"Wait. What man, what are you saying. Tell me where you are? I am coming to get you," Sangeeta almost shouted. 

"I don't know where I am." 

"Oh my God, Vani , ask the man and tell me." 

I lowered the phone "my friend wants to know where I am?"

"Tell her to come to the backside of the party area," he said calmly, and I told Sangeeta. 

After ten minutes, Sangeeta was standing in the doorway, with a stunned expression on her face, her eyes widened "why didn't you tell me that you are with Mrityunjay Sehgal?" She whispered, gripping my hand.

"You should learn how to be responsible, miss, she was alone and could be in trouble. If you don't know how to take responsibility then don't bring her to these kinds of parties again, she was not comfortable." He said and Sangeeta left the breath she was holding.