Chapter VI: Sleepover

f/f = favourite food.

(Lydia pov)

The bell rang. They were already here! Yes! I jumped off the sofa, raced to the door and opened it.

"Hi." I said breathlessly to Wednesday.

"It is clear you have been running, Lydia. I suggest you sit down." She was a strange girl, and my best friend. Wednesday Addams, who had come here for the summer, was part monster. Well, a Seer. A psychic. I was very proud to be her friend.

"I like what you've done with the house. The stripes are...tasteful." she said, trying to find the right word.

"Thank you." I know that our friendship seems weird, but we have a strong bond.

"Hey, who came in Lydia?" Called Y/n, walking down the stairs in a hoodie and sweatpants, her hair in a messy bun (sorry if your hair can't be in a messy bun). She wore a ribbon in her hair in her signature checkered pattern.

"Wednesday."

"Can she see me?"

"Yes, I can."

"So she can see Barb too?"

"Haven't checked yet. BARB!"

Barb came running down.

"WHAT'S WRONG? HOUSE ON FIRE? SOMEONE'S INJURED? SOMEONE IS ON FIRE? Oh its just you. Hey Lydia, what's up?" (Sorry if that was too ooc)

"When did Charles get married again? Also where is Charles?" (I feel Wednesday may be a little ooc too, sorry)

"Barbara isn't married to Charles. She's our friend. We chased Charles and his wife Delia out of the house a while ago."

"Ah good. He's very, umm, not interesting."

"Tell me about it. Dad is so vanilla."

"So is Wednesday accustomed to the strange and unusual?"

"Yup."

"Actually I am a Seer, so I am strange and unusual. Why should I not be able to see you two?"

"Long story short, we are dead. I died by falling through floorboards, and we don't know how Y/n died."

No one except Y/n, me and Beej, that is.

Her eyes flashed blue for a second, before returning to e/c.

"So your name is Y/n?"

"Yup. Pleased to meet you." She pulled out a checkered hat from nowhere and tipped it like a gentleman, then poofed it away.

"Are you a ghost or..."

"Ghoul. One level under demon, but just above spirit."

I stood in confusion, but Wed seemed to understand, so I nodded to not look silly.

"We just gotta wait for Cathy and the we can start, right, Lyds?"

"Mhm."

I suddenly heard Y/n's voice in my head.

"Should we tell Cathy and Wednesday about Beej?" She asked me.

"He might frighten Cathy off."

"And Wednesday?"

"Maybe we can show her." (They never did show her)

"'Kay."

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the shrill ring of the doorbell. I opened the door. It was Cathy! She seemed to take the news about mom's death better than me. Sure she still had dyed her hair black, but she looked really happy. Also, unlike me, she didn't have dark circles under her eyes. Could be makeup, but yeah.