𝒄𝒉. 𝟕 。゚゚・

Aurelia stood behind Marco and peeked to see if they were allowed to exit the tunnel

Aurelia stood behind Marco and peeked to see if they were allowed to exit the tunnel. The referee was still not in place. She snuck a peek at Real Madrid's captain, Iker Casillas, who was quietly talking with Marquinhos, and looked away after a second. If it felt illegal to look at someone who looked that good.

"Hey!" A voice dressed in white on her left tried to catch her attention, and she, along with other members of PSG and Real, turned to a grinning Frederico who was looking directly at her and asked, "Scared?"

"No," Aurelia laughed, and it was the truth; her nervousness had left her, and she knew that it was only because of her family. A new sense of confidence rose in her. "You should be."

Frederico raised his eyebrows. "We won the international cup last time," he retorted, and Aurelia grinned at him.

"You did," she agreed, "but I wasn't there. I am now, and you won't win so easily."

"You're very confident," Cristiano called out. He was a couple feet behind Frederico but could hear the conversation clearly: "How are you so sure of yourself?"

"The same way you are," she said, looking at him directly, "I know my capabilities, and I know how good my team can be."

Rodrygo opened his mouth to say something, but the whistle finally rang out. Cristiano gave her one last look before following Iker Casillas as he led out his teammates. Marquinhos followed them, and Aurelia nudged Achraf, who was in front of her, to go faster. He slowed down with a teasing grin on his face, and she rolled her eyes.

"Go!" She laughed, pushing him toward the tunnel entrance, "Lazy ass."

Achraf snickered, and with that, they continued out onto the field.

As a Madridsta, Aurelia had tried so hard not to sing Real Madrid's anthem. She fought against every fiber in her body and somehow managed it. The only part of her that she lost was her feet and the occasional bop of her head.

After the anthems of each team, PSG went to greet Real Madrid, and Aurelia tried to squash the squeals in her as she shook hands with Luka Modric, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, etc. She could honestly say that this was the best day of her life.

There was a moment that she didn't notice when Fabio Coentrao gripped her hand a bit tighter and patted her back very quickly. When they were done, Kylian gave her a confused look, to which she gave him the same. He jerked his head at Fabio Coentrao, who kept glancing at her. Aurelia shrugged at Kylian. She didn't know what was up with him.

The match had finally started, and Real Madrid were not going easy on PSG.

It was clear their goal was to go home with the cup, but unfortunately for them, that was PSG's goal too. And they would not back down; this was years in the making for them. They put in months of practice and blew off many—but not all—fun scheduled events.