James

"People like you always want back the love they gave away." ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS STAY- TAYLOR SWIFT

"Mom please don't make me leave I wanna stay, I'm a senior I'm graduating I should have a right to stay."

"Mariano gets your ass in the car," Juliette yelled from the backseat of the van. It was the final day of their break and they all had to go back to school. James, Nova, and Mariano were all suffering threw their seniority and not wanting to graduate and become complete adults, it was exactly what Julie, Sky, and Jake loved making fun of them with.

They had all officially said their goodbyes to Samantha and Joe while Nova forced James, Mariano, and Jake to clean the house for their parents from top to bottom and it was safe to say Samantha loved Nova and the girls to unimaginable amounts while Joe would fan girl to his wife how his sons finally found wives and to start planning spring fall and winter wedding for the three of them. 

"Listen to your girl Mario we'll see you at graduation," Joe said patting him on the back.

"Mom you hear this man."

"Yes and I agree now go," Samantha said as she pushed her son into the car with his brothers and friends.

A wave of calmness washed over her in these moments as she blew a kiss to her kids watching as they drove down the road and the last face she saw before they turned the corner was Jake. Her miracle baby boy, the spitting image of his father, and every good part of  Samantha that she wished would be the only parts of her. Those good pieces of herself all went to Jake and his father's protectiveness also went to Jake

Samantha loved Jakes's's friends because she knew they gave him purpose, a reason to keep going even in the darkest of times. After all, they needed his light.. his fire. The fire that died out of his sister Sabrina once she was killed. She took a piece of Jake that no one could ever give back so like Nova he had this whole in him a whole only his little sister could fill. It would be a long time coming before he ever could come to begin feeling whole again. But his friends especially Julie and Nova gave him a purpose and a sense of belonging to protect. Part whole again.

"How long is the drive again?" Sky asked as she bundled up in the back seat with Mariano once again trying to take her blanket.

"Eleven hours Sky," Jake said as he turned around in his seat to look at her face trying to restrain himself from moving that one strand of hair that covered her face all the time. It was also a daily struggle for him to restrain himself and not kiss her in front of everyone. Tell the world what belonged to him and only him.

What started as a casual hookup a stress reliever was now something Jake couldn't live without. He spent hours studying Skylar, wanting to know her, wanting to know every inch of her every curve every meaning being a scar on her leg she once told him we were stretch marks and although he loved each part of her Jake was far from stupid he knew it wasn't just stretch marks. It never once stopped Jake from worshipping the body that graced his bed with her presence multiple times a week. How he wish he could worship her every night and every morning and every afternoon. 

He wanted to know every secret and every thought that went into the beautiful blond woman's head every day. What skeletons she kept in her closet so he could get rid of them for her. Take all that pain those "stretch marks" caused her and keep it for himself so all she could feel was a joy. He could go into the darkest parts of Skylar's past and shine a light on it all, turn the once ugly into beautiful masterpieces just like the girl he was beginning to love.

"Fuck, Julie babe you got a sedative or like sleeping pills," Skylar said throwing the blanket at Mariano's face as it swallowed him whole and the force pushing him back into the window while Skylar propped up beside Julie sitting beside Jake.