The New Years Party

Y/n pov

I was walking around sipping my drink when I saw the guy who hosted the party and his boyfriends, I walked up to him.

"Hey, Prep! The party's great thanks for hosting!" I said to him.

"Oh its no problem! Glad you're enjoying it, d/n (deadname)." he said in a cheerful tone.

I hated how I hadn't come out yet but I remembered the horrible screaming I had endured when I told my parents and how they begged me to forget this "nonsense" in their terms and move on from this, and I love them so I hadn't told anyone except Prep GF and Goth. They were the only other two trans kids at this school so it felt safe to tell them and they hadn't told anyone yet but they both urged me to come out regardless of how bad it would make my dads company look. I looked over to see Goth looking at me with a disapproving look. I new he was sad to see me fake this pretty princess life. I spared Prep the pleasantries and just hit him with, "Yeah." and left to talk to Goth.

"Goth I know you're gonna be mad, I know I said I was gonna come out but I just don't know anyone well enough for that!" I said my voice cracking.

Goth shook his head, "You know people here are more accepting than you think just because your parents weren't doesn't mean they are, and out of anyone you can trust Prep (GF)'s group and mine, they know about us and were chill."

"Goth I-," I was interrupted by a call, "Sorry it's my parents I have to take this."

I walked into the quietest corner of the party and answered the phone with a breath. It took 15 minuets of screaming but I finally got off the phone. I was filled with immense determination to disappoint my parents and new exactly how I was to do it. I whispered something in Goth's ear unsure weather he heard it or not and pulled him into the center of the dance floor.

"What the hell do you think you're doing-' Goth started

I stopped him before he could say anything else and showed him my phone. It read: My parents have someone at this party reporting for them I need a boy to dance with so they wont be suspicious. We got some dirty looks from his boyfriends who he wouldn't dance with, when he was suddenly dancing with me. When the song finally ended the 5 of us gathered around the kitchen island and we started talking.

"Can you tell us why you'll dance with d/n but not us?!??!?!?!!!!" Nerd shouted.

Goth reasoned with them, "They're just having issues with their parent and I'm their friend. That's all I swear."

"Hey, Hey, Hey" Jock reasoned, If she's just a friend, and we trust you Goth, then theres no reason to be upset right Nerd?"

"You're right."

"I still think an apology is owed," Prep said, "I demand 500,000,000,000 cuddles."

I don't know why but I felt jealous of Prep, but also Goth- This couldn't be happing I like Prep this much was true I had liked him since our dads had become rivals and we met but Goth?! Goth was my best friend I couldn't like him, I couldn't break him apart from his group.   So I'll just have to join it.

"How about as an apology I take you all to your favorite stores and you get a shopping spree then I'll pay for dinner!" I said.

"I don't know-" Nerd said.

"Me neither you don't have to spoil us." Jock said.

"I just want to be your friend! And it'll only be a one time thing! Promise!"

"Fine" Said Jock and Nerd at the same time.

Prep stood with his arms crossed and tapping the floor.

"The offer extends to you too Prep!"  I said.

"I can buy anything I want why would i need you to buy it for me?"

"Because you don't have to buy it someone else is-"

"Fine, I agree only if I get hot chocy at the dinner place."

Goth rolled his eyes. 

"Sure! I hope you all have a good night!" I said grabbing my things and leaving.