Chapter 6

AN/ Hello loves!! Excited for the new chapter!?

I know I'm posting only a chapter a month, I'm trying to get around with more! :D 

## Don't forget to vote the chapter so I feel more motivated to prepare more !!!!

Enjoy the reading and thanks for your support, always <3

###

Trying to gain an idea of where Gianni was, my mind was swirling in a maelstrom of thoughts.

Between that scary growl that had left a permanent fear within me, like a scar inside my heart, and Gianni's disappearance, I had acted stupidly. Impulsively.

I felt watched and exposed here, in this forbidden land.

I breathed in and out, but my lungs seemed frozen with fear too.

Suddenly, out among the pillars of rock and tree came the slight echo of small stones rolling. My tears stopped and my heart began to pick up its pace slightly. Then the sound came again, closer, this time followed by a strange thumping and slithering sound.

So very silently, I hid in the hollow of a tree, bringing my knees up to my chest. The sound grew closer and closer and soon out of the semi-darkness a shape began to form. It looked like a man at first. But it wasn't. The head was too long, legs and arms strange.

Peering at the silhouette, I almost died when I saw what lay between the shadow's legs.

'Could that be what I think it is!?'

The creature had a tail dragging behind it... It was making the slithering sound as the beast pulled it over the ground!

"Mmh, what do we have here?"

I froze, tears trickling down my face. Oh no.

"Oh my, my" he droned. "Aren't you delectable? Let me see you,"

It was the end. I was going to be eaten!

The beast was covered in green scales and rubbery spines. Yellow eyes lay atop a long snout-like skull. It was a crocodile head with some snake features in it.

He was so close. And he smelled like... raw meat.

It was the end. 

I was going to be eaten! My dreams would never come true. My father and brother would have dinner with another empty chair.

I prepared to make a desperate run for it, but what happened next, was either a miracle or a tragedy.

"Please don't!" A little voice came a meter away from my hiding place.

For a split second I thought that the male voice belonged to Gianni.

Instead, it was Will. The son of the village's nurse! A tiny boy, barely eighteen!

To my horror, I saw the beast drag Will out of his hiding place by the ankle.

Then he lifted him into the air, by one leg, and began to sniff him, especially between his legs. Poor Will couldn't do anything, hanging there like a salami.

"Mmh. You smell virgin meat to me."

"Please don't!" His whimpers were ignored.

Grasping his tunic, the brute ripped it open, leaving Will naked and exposed. Ready to be devoured. His pale body looked so tiny and fragile compared to those scaled muscles and inhuman flesh.

I watched with horror mixed with disgust how he moved Will towards his open mouth, showing rows of pointed teeth that lay inside.

Oh God, he was going to eat him alive!