Chapter 29

AN/ do you like the above cover, my loves?? :*

AN2/ Odette and Zerberus are still in the grand hall, which is massive and very, very high, since it can contain several dragons. Many dragons (in dragon forms) are perched on platforms bolted to the ceiling.

***

"We have to fuck through the fires of my lair," Zerberus commanded.

I swallowed hard, my heart pounding against my ribs.

Was that a figure of speech? Only later, I realized there was no room for idle talk, chit-chat; and metaphors and figures of speech were as alien as I was.

His hands clasped my waist.

I opened my mouth but only a scream came as I was thrown into the air like a bale of hay flung by a trebuchet. I soared higher and higher, until, for a brief moment, I stilled in the air and locked eyes with a dragon perched on a platform, its onyx gaze cutting through the chaos of my shock.

When gravity reclaimed me, panic surged - if I plummeted to the rocky floor, I'd be a human frittata, no doubt about it.

But fire came first.

Sapphire, pearly, crimson, emerald, obsidian —dragon breaths from every direction, flames of varying hues clashing and colliding, each vying for dominance. And I was the epicenter of that blazing tempest.

The seams and fabric of my dress burnt faster than gossip in my village, releasing all the blue scales that immediately rained down upon the guests below.

All of this happened in less than ten seconds.

With heat searing against my skin, I hurtled toward the earth, and I thudded against something solid, firm – though not ground. This was a dragon man. My dragon man.

Caught mid-air in his grasp, relief washed over me, even as dragon fireworks continued to bombard us. It was like being embraced by a living inferno, but in the arms of my dragon, somehow, it felt oddly comforting.

I could see my mate smirking face as I clung to him, bare to his eyes and his people... Baring my humanity to him and to the flames and to the cold-blooded scales.

My legs wrapped around his naked waist, his clothes were nowhere to be seen, probably already ashes.

"We must fuck through the flames of my lair." He announced and then took action.

Wasting no breath, he reached between us and prodded me with his tip.

Then he surged inside in one mighty thrust.

His girth was always so shocking that I never ceased to let out a gasp...a gasp that costed me precious oxygen as I began to cough, inhaling mouthful of smoke.

With both his hands grasping my ass, he bottomed out.

The inhuman pounding came right after.

No mercy.

His balls slapped against my skin, demanding that I spilled all over them before they could unleash their dragon cargo into me.

"Mating until seeding. Burning until ending." Someone was chanting somewhere, but it was hard to hear among the crackling and booms of the flames. Nor was my priority.

Zerberus wasted no time in showing to his hell of a land that I was his, the true mate that released this beast back to the land.

He thrusted like the mad beast he was, the fact that we were in the midst of an eruption not slowing him down at all. Oh Non-God if I was burning! Would my slick evaporate like I was?