10| Teddy's Return

''𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧?'"

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝗽𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘆 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝗽𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘆 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻. My head rested on the pillows below me, feeling heavy. I opened one eye before I had quickly closed it again. The sun shining right down my face. Screwing my eyes shut tighter, I pushed my hands against the mattress and hung my head over my pillow. 

My hair fell over my forehead, tangled and disheveled. I groaned, rubbing my eyes with the heel of my palm. When I was able to sit up in bed, I yawned and stretched my arms up and over my head. I threw the blanket to the side, my feet touching the cold, hardwood floors and moved to move the curtains aside. 

The grass was greener then it had been, a calm breeze brushing past the flowers and overgrown ferns. Through the leaves of the trees, rays of the magnificent sun had shone through, creating small patches of light against the ground. 

With a subconscious smile out the window, I let out a breathy sigh. 

Even though I was just dressed in an oversized T-shirt and shorts, I walked downstairs to get myself some breakfast for the morning. 

Today was a good day.

I haven't had days like this in a while. Where I had felt like I was free, where I could do anything without thf consequence. What a difference it was, practically skipping down the hallway and jumping over every other step on the stairs without tripping. I reached the bottom, placing my hand on the railing and twirling myself around. 

When I had planted my foot, I caught sight of the empty couch. The one without Draco sitting on it, his hands behind his head and the usual smile on his face as he waited for me to make food for the both of us. How patiently he waited for me to wake, just for him to make breakfast for the two of us if I haven't woken up by ten. 

Instead, it had no Draco. The sun seemed to even avoid shining itself against the fabric. There was no blonde, no warm smile and no smell of pancakes that were waiting to be eaten and settled on the kitchen counter. And I had even woken up before the usual time he starts to make breakfast. 

At least, it would've been.

My good mood had been demolished. With no Draco, my good mood had found a reason to retreat for another day. My mouth had moved to the side, trying not to think much on the subject of yesterday. I made my way into the kitchen and started making myself some food. Just enough for me. 

With each passing minute, I had kept glancing over to the lonely couch. Even my imagination had started playing tricks on me, because when I had look over for the tenth time, Draco was sitting there. He was sitting on the couch, his head rested against the back cushions as he stared at my with a dopey smile. His eyes scrunched a bit from how genuine it was.