ʟʏsᴀɴᴅᴇʀ & ʜᴇʀᴍɪᴀ [𝟶𝟸]

"The course of true love never did run smooth,"  A Midsummer's Night Dream: Act 1, Scene 1

Mornings were the most beautiful yet most unfairly tragic periods of the day. If you awoke early enough, you could see the canvas of a broken heart, bleeding across the sky. The oranges of bitterness, the reds of regret and pinks of longing, melded together in a cruel mixture of heartache. The clouds chased after the colours, ghosts of the relationship, mourning their docile and wounded mistress, Love. Slowly, they drifted, unsure of where to be placed. In the heart to cause more emotional pain? Or in the short-term memory, never to be recalled again.

But amongst catching the beauty of dawn, you struggled to be freed from the clutches the Dusk, the seducer. It lured in countless victims by nightfall and wooed them with dreams of hopeless fantasies. It tortured victims with their greatest desires, most intimate fears all whilst caressing them in the blessing of sleep. Its cradled around unsuspecting souls as they dozed, hoping to keep them with him to combat the loneliness, for he never got to see the beauty of morning, having to shelter away before being able to witness her divine light.

It was why the morning was constantly broken, awaiting a lover whom she could never meet and the Dusk, constantly searching, using dreams as windows to search for her. It was only during the dawn and the twilight in which they could finally meet, love, touch, which is why they were so scared and tragic all at once. With Morning brought the shattering of the illusion that Dusk painted, and in the night came the sorrows of not having a favoured reality. The dark promises secrets and desires, the light promises wisdom and truth. Knowing in which state of you were was the hardest part of the day.

Now, as the last of the lovers touches were shared, the blue skies of clarity forced their way through the clouds of confusion, and you blew out a breath, before taking another sip of your coffee. You didn't have a lecture today, but your roommates clearly did as there was a chaotic shuffle going on outside your door with Hitch Dreyse screaming frantically for her hair straightener. You bit back your snort as you heard she and Jean Kirschtein yell at one another over spilling someone's cereal bowl of Cheerios.

Your room was your unbreakable little cove that none of them dared to enter. Seeing as Sina University did not have accommodation for you, due to your late transfer, you had gone through the harrowing experience of looking for an apartment. And then the advertisement for this little ragtag group appeared like a golden ticket to the chocolate factory, not only being a ten-minute walk from campus, but having a nice little neighbourhood as well. They were looking for another roommate to help with the rent, and you were desperate for a roof. It felt like a win-win situation if it wasn't for the fact you were an introvert stuck in the tightest group of friends to exist.

The group knew each other from way back, Eren claiming to have known Mikasa during elementary and Connie and Sasha who were practically born in the same hospital. Jean and Hitch seemed to have joined their little group a short time later, but they were close all the same. The only one who seemed particularly aloof was a certain Floch Forster, who seemed to know them through a friend of a friend and had moved here for the same reason as you- desperation. He had moved out when you moved in, but still hung by sometimes.