~ im sorry, i cant~

It was now late at night and my phone was like a hotline. I pick it up and see 20 missed calls from Ethan. I grab my phone and run into the bathroom. I call him back not ready for what's about to happen...

"Ethan?" I whisper. "WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU RILES ! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DONT TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE YOUR GONNA REGRET IT" he shouts down the phone causing tears to fill in my eyes. "I..." I begin to explain when I hear a voice coming from outside of the door. "Hey are you okay in there?" It was JJ. "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?" Ethan said with no hesitation. "He's no body I swear" I whisper back trying not to alarm JJ. "IM GOING TO KILL YOU! RILEY YOUR DEAD" he shouts before hanging up. I feel my heart racing. I sit in the floor with my back against the counter in the bathroom. JJ opens the door with his hand coving his eyes. "Yo Harper you good?" He says before I burst into tears. He quickly removed his hand from his eyes and looks at me. He closes the door and crouches in front to me with his hands on my knees. "Oh my god...Harper what happened?" He says. His voices is more soft spoken than it normally is. I can feel the sympathy in his voice. I hate sympathy. I roll my eyes with my hands running through my hair. "It doesn't matter JJ, just leave me alone okay?" I say quite aggressively. He looks at me shocked and let's out a little laugh before sitting next to me with his back now also leaning against the cabinet.

"You must be crazy if you think I'm just going to leave you in here shit head" he said this with a little laugh towards the end and slightly nudging me. I laugh a little too while wiping my eyes. "Whatever" I nudge him back as I said this. He just shakes his head at me before standing up and putting his hand out for me to grab. I grab his hand and he helps me up. We lock eyes for a few seconds yet it felt like a few hours. He shakes his head and steps back breaking the eye contact as I look down wards. Whatever that was...I know he felt it too. He smiles at me before leaving the bathroom and I follow closely behind him. We walk into the living room and they are all laughing but there was another two people there that I hadn't met. Sarah sees me looking at them all as JJ sat back down next to kie with his arm around her.

"Harper can you tell John B that he is so lucky to have me! He keeps saying it the other way around" she says laughing at John B. I smile and agree with Sarah. "John B I don't even understand how someone like you pulled a beautiful girl like her" I say before laughing along with Sarah and John B rolls his eyes at the both of us. I lock eyes with the boy I don't know and take that as a sign to introduce myself. "Hi I'm.." before I can even finish he buts in. "Harper. John B's little sister. It's really nice to meet you. I'm pope and this beautiful girl sat next to me is my girlfriend Cleo" he says hugging cleo tighter she smiles and waves at me and I smile back.

"Harper?" I hear John B say so I turn and face him. "We are going back to outer banks in two months. Do you think you'll be coming home with us?" He asked. He seemed scared of my answer and I don't blame him as my answer was a no. "John B...listen I have missed you a lot. But outer banks isnt my home. This is. I have a life here. I have an amazing friend and I even have a boyfriend who cares for me. I'm sorry" I say knowing some of that was a lie. John b nods and looks down while messing with his hands. I take that as my sign to leave. "I'm gonna head out guys. It was really nice meeting you all" I say while heading towards the door. The second I opened the door it was closed again. I turn to see John b with his hand pushing the door closed. "You can't leave. Not now" he says looking at me. I laugh at him. "Why? Why should I stay John B ! I'm not coming home with you guys! There's not point!" I snap back. "Because we missed you..." I hear JJ say while standing up walking towards me and John B. "Well I know I definitely missed you" he continues. I look at him and shake my head laughing at them both. "Please Harper. Don't leave" JJ says while taking my hand in his. I don't know what is it about this boy but I can't resist him. "Okay fine! One night ! I mean it" I say giving up arguing with the two boys.