Chapter 8

Lauren's POV:

We just stood there for a good little while, taking in each other's features. Giving soft smiles, I caressed her cheek as she held onto my arms. Just as I was about to lean in for what would be our third kiss, her phone rang.

"Shit I'm sorry," she whispered, looking down into her purse to answer it. "Hello?"

I started backing away from her to give her space to talk, but Sade grabbed my hand and pulled me back in, bringing me close. It made me feel warm inside.

"Yeah....okay.....seriously Lyric?! Yeah, whatever....okay fine bye." Sighing while rolling her eyes, she then focused her attention back to me.

"Everything okay?" I asked. Sade groaned,

"Yeah and no, no one's dying but I have to get home. My sisters act like infants who can't be left alone sometimes, and my mom's at work." I nodded in understanding,

"Okay go ahead. Text or call later?" I innocently asked.

Sade then looked me up and down with a smirk tugging her lips,

"If you're still up we can meet later to be honest." I blushed hard,

"I'd like that." She responded with a peck to my lips, and pulled away with her eyes still closed as she spoke,

"I'll see you later?"

"Of course."

Sade headed for the door, calling behind her,

"Alright now don't go to sleep!" I chuckled,

"I won't, I won't! Go!" 

A wide smile I was unable to wipe off took over my expression. My crush chuckled as she strides out of the door. Holy shit that was my first kiss.

Sade's POV:

On the drive home, I couldn't stop smiling, thinking of that kiss with Lauren. The way she kissed me was like we were the only two people on Earth and had all the time in the world. Like she wanted to savor every bit and make me feel what she was thinking. If that was her goal, it was definitely accomplished. I have no idea if she's been with a girl before but if she hadn't, she damn sure could have fooled me.

Lyric called me because she thinks she set something on fire trying to cook. Apparently they got the fire under control but I needed to get home asap to cover it up before mom got there. One thing about Lyric, that girl can't cook worth shit, yet she keeps trying. One time she literally managed to burn soup. How in the hell? Exactly. I couldn't tell you.

As I walked up to the door, preparing myself for the bullshit, 'Thena met me halfway as she stood in the doorway waving her hand towards her, telling me to hurry up and come in,

"Come on come on before mama get here!!" I started to jog,

"Okay! I'm coming!"

The smell of smoke instantly hit my senses as I entered the house. Once seeing the damage, I feared for all of our lives.

"Lyric what in the actual-" she paced around the kitchen while shaking her hands filled with nerves. Her eyes were trained to the floor,

"I know I know I know I know, mama gonna kill us ain't she?" My sister stopped for a second to look up at me, then continued to pace. "I just wanted to make a pizza I saw on Pinterest-"

"Lyric-" 'Thena shook her head. "Why didn't you just order in like I told you? You so damn hard headed," she rolled her eyes.

"Sade, is there a way you can fix this?" 'Mara asked and they all looked at me. I stood there with my palm on my forehead and my head on my hip. I honestly had no idea what to do, but I needed to figure it out and fast. "Please Sade you're our only option here, we'll buy your food for a week-"