Chapter 9

Omniscient POV:

A month has gone by since Homecoming and Halloween was now right around the corner. Sade and Lauren have grown closer but aren't officially together yet. Sade wants to make sure they take it slow and get to know each other before allowing herself to want more. Aria has someone, but won't tell a soul who she's seeing. Kingston claims he has a boyfriend, but he goes to another school. Hunter is proudly single. Her and Lauren have grown to be the best of friends lately.

It's a week before Halloween and everyone planned to attend Hunter's annual Halloween Bash. With reputation of being "one of the best parties of the year," everyone made sure to show up. Hunter was known for her extravagant parties for almost every holiday: Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, 4th of July, and Back to School Kickbacks. Only Kingston had been to one of Hunter's parties before and he considered it "a must go for the high school experience." Hunter convinced Lauren, who convinced Sade, who told Aria to come as well.

Sade and Aria eventually made up after Homecoming, as they usually do. The two never fight for long. Lauren told Sade not to be upset with Aria, she just wanted to respect her wishes. Sade had always understood Aria's perspective on some level, she was just too hurt to be logical about the situation. They talked and were back to normal as if nothing happened two days later. Sade and Aria had always had that type of bond. They couldn't go too many days being mad at each other and always bounced back where they left off.

Now it's the weekend before the party, and everyone is in search of a costume and a date.

Lauren had missed Sade even though they hung out every chance they got. She felt as though she'd never get tired of seeing her. She had just finished breakfast and decided to FaceTime Sade to see what she was doing,

"Hello?" her crush answered on the third ring. Lauren shined a bright smile,

"Hi beautiful! You look so pretty!"

Sade's eyes immediately went down as she curled her lips inward,

"Thank you Honeybee-" she looked up again, getting a good glance at Lauren and smirked. "You're looking mighty fine yourself this Saturday morning."

"Why thank you darling, I try I try," her British accent caused Sade to giggle,

"What you up to? Got plans?"

"Nope! That's actually why I was calling, to see if you had plans and if you wanted to hang out if not-"

"Well no but even if I did I'd cancel them for you Honeybee," she said with a smirk, her voice low and sultry. Lauren squealed as she dodged her face out of the frame,

"Stop it, you're making me blush."

Sade grinned and sighed sarcastically. "Sounds like a personal problem."

"Oh shut up-" Lauren giggled causing Sade to do the same.

"So what time do you want me over there? I'm ready whenever."

Lauren was hesitant to say,

"Actually- if it's okay with you, I was thinking I'd come to you today- it's just you're always coming to me and I feel bad you're always driving here."

Sade took a moment to study Lauren's expressions through the phone. She seemed nervous, like she'd been thinking that for a minute, but was afraid to say anything.

"Lauren why are you so nervous to ask me that, of course we can chill here," she assured her with a slight chuckle. Lauren sighed,

"I don't know I just didn't know if you had a reason and I didn't want to ask and you end up getting upset or something- I just- I don't know I get cautious about certain things I guess," she shrugged.