Chapter 1

Silksplash slowly crept up on the white rabbit, her tail quivering. It was nearly new-leaf, but the cold had not seemed to ease one bit. The prey knew this too. Almost every rabbit was hiding in its burrow and most lapwings were hidden. We need this rabbit! Suddenly, the rabbit's ears perked up- but Silksplash had already thrown herself forward. I've got you now! She thought.

 The rabbit leaped away but not nearly fast enough to get away from her. She snatched the rabbit from the air, and slammed it to the ground, killing it with a bite. "Great catch!" A muffled voice said behind her. She turned to see one of her best friends in WindClan "Thanks!" She called to Meadowtail, who was holding a large crow. "Look what I've got!" Jumped in Meadowtail's apprentice, Fernpaw, puffing out her chest and holding out her lapwing with great pride. Silksplash smiled at the pale tortie. I wish I had an apprentice sometimes. "Awesome!" A large brown and white tom stepped forwards out of the heather. "Quite a load for this weather. Let's get this back to camp," Mudthorn said.

                                                                                              ⊱✿⊰

Silksplash padded over to the fresh kill pile, looking for a piece of fresh prey for herself and her mother, Lilypelt. Silksplash's father had died fighting RiverClan before she was born and Lilypelt had found happiness with Broomfur.

Now she was expecting his kits and she needed all the strength she could get. Silksplash gently selected an unusually plump mouse for her mother, and picked around for a second longer before choosing a scrawny rabbit for herself. Her belly rumbled, as though getting hungrier at the thought of eating such thin prey.

She gripped the rabbit, and suddenly a black and white warrior bound over to her, slowing to a stop once he reached her. "Hey Silksplash!" He grinned. "Hi Whitemask,'' She muttered as clear as she could through thick fur. The tom gave his paw a delicate lick. "What're you doing?" Grabbing prey for my expecting mother. No time for handsome tom-cats. "Getting Wilypelf shome frey," She answered through the pieces of prey, quickly getting up. Whitemask followed.

Um. This is... Quiet. "Uh. Show howf it go- ALL CATS OLD ENOUGH TO CATCH THEIR OWN RABBITS, JOIN HERE BENEATH THE TALLROCK FOR A CLAN MEETING!" Meeting! Gotta get this prey to Lilypelt fast! Silksplash dashed towards the nursery (leaving a puzzled Whitemask behind), her ears flicking the top of the den, calling "Lilypelt!" The grey and cream she-cat called back. "Yes Silksplash?" She sounds tired "Here's your prey," The queen nodded gratefully to her daughter as she set the mouse on the floor.

"Let's go to the meeting," She said, dragging herself across the floor. "NOPE!" Called Silksplash, swiftly spinning around to block the exit.

"Your kits are due tomorrow." She spat, her tail flicking against the heather bunched up at the entrance of the den. "YOU are staying HERE. Your kits are to be healthy. Eat," Lilypelt didn't argue, thank StarClan. WindClan had scarcely had kits this Leaf-bare. The ceremony at Tallrock must be for Hornetpelts kits- the only kits WindClan had had since Green-Leaf.

Quickly she darted out of the den, into the clearing filled with cats. Leaves crinkled underpaw, unusually plentiful, like the wind had stolen them from ThunderClan, gently carrying them to the clan it had named.

Scanning the clearing, Silksplash spotted Plumbelly scolding her apprentice underneath the large overhanging rock, and Ridgeback and Wildfur were sharing tongues further away, waiting for the meeting to begin. The medicine cats Sandwing and Scorchedpaw were padding out of the medicine den and the kits Owlkit, Mallowkit, and Spiderkit had also gathered, Playfully wrestling each other among the other cats. They sure are excited to be apprentices! Silksplash thought happily. She was sure that Spiderkit would be a devoted apprentice- and Mallowkit was terribly stubborn. But she really wanted an apprentice.

She was prepared for one- plus, Dawnsnow- Silksplash stopped. DawnSTAR Silksplash- She thought. Not Dawnsnow anymore. Kestrelstar had recently joined StarClan due to injuries on a RiverClan border patrol, which soon turned into a full scale attack. Silksplash sighed. Our leader lost to a useless border skirmish! At least more kits are coming. Oh what was I thinking about? Right apprentices. Silksplash tended to get lost in thought, which led to another thought train... Whatever.

Dawnstar had hinted that she might give Owlkit to Silksplash. I hope she does. Silksplash stood there dazed for a second before realizing that she was still at the nursery entrance. Whoops! She leaped down the small hump the nursery was located on and hopped over to Ridgeback. "Did I miss anything?"

She was answered with a tail slapping her muzzle. "Hush!" Ridgeback whispered, just as Dawnstar cleared her throat. "Cats of WindClan!" Dawnstar leaped off the rock into the center of the clearing of cats. Remembering her own apprentice ceremony, Silksplash backed up along with the other warriors, forming a circle around Dawnstar and the kits- who were now standing up straight. Dawnstar continued. "We have gathered today for the naming of three new apprentices. Spiderkit!" The black tom lifted his head and walked carefully across the clearing, flinching ever so slightly when the leader set her muzzle on him.

The she-cat soon lifted her head. "Softstripe! A silvery-grey tabby padded on forwards. "Your mentor was Broomfur. He trained you to be merciful and courageous. I now hope you will pass on these skills to your apprentice." Softstripe leaned down to touch noses with the young cat. The apprentice raised his head to his new mentor. "SPIDERPAW! SPIDERPAW!" Came the yowling. Dawnstar went on.

 "Owlkit!" The mottled brown tom hopped over to her, shaking as Dawnstar touched his ear with her nose. Will she give Owlkit to me? Thought Silksplash. Oh StarClan please... It was only a moment before the white she-cat raised her muzzle and yowled "Silksplash!" Silksplash began silently freaking out. She calmly walked to the center of the circle... I didn't actually expect her to choose me! She touched noses with him... What if im not right for him? Then the cheering rushed in. "OWLPAW! OWLPAW! OWLPAW!" What. Is. HAPPENING. Silksplash turned around and ran her tail across the young cats flank, determined to be a good mentor.

                                                                                               ⊱✿⊰

"Silksplash!" Owlpaw squealed from across the clearing, running over to his mentor. "Are we gonna start training?" Silksplash swallowed the last of her rabbit that she had left in the nursery by accident. "One moment- even warriors need to eat!" Silksplash licked her paw and ran it over her ear. "Cmon, cmon, cmon!" Owlpaw bounced on the spot.

Silksplash rose to her paws and informed Owlpaw. "We're going to explore the territory today. RiverClan has been aggressive lately, so Wildfur, Mallowpaw, Iceeye, Seedpelt, and Plumbelly are coming too." Owlpaw's ears perked up in interest. "Is Sheeppaw coming?" Silksplash gazed around the clearing, spotting Wildfur, Iceeye, Plumbelly, and Mallowpaw.

Silksplash looked at the tom. "Plumbelly's apprentice? She's battle training with Finchflight today." As they started trotting to the cats, an exited look spread across Owlpaws face. Its alright Silksplash. She thought to herself. You'll be a great mentor. 

_________________________________________

Alright, this story is DEFINITELY gonna have inconsistencies, this is my first book on wattpad, sorry. Suggestions are welcome! Thanks for reading! (Sorry if its boring)