Chapter 2

Silksplash followed the WindClan scent markers, flicking her tail towards the deep pit on her right. "This is the gorge," Wildfur informed Mallowpaw and Owlpaw.

Mallowpaw sunk her claws into the (Weirdly wet...) soil below her and peered down. "YOWCH!" Mallowpaw cried, turning to see Silksplash grabbing her tail, slowly pulling her away from the gorge. "What was that for?" Plumbelly gave her an amused look. "We're not letting you fall in the gorge on your first day," The young apprentice rolled her eyes. Seedpelt barked a laugh. They had traveled all over the territory, and were ending with the RiverClan border, along the gorge. The day was mostly uneventful, other than an encounter with a ShadowClan patrol who mostly just glared at them.

Owlpaw and Mallowpaw were arguing about if ShadowClan or ThunderClan were stinkier. "ThunderClan is! ShadowClan just smells like pine!" "Are you complimenting them?!" "What? Nonononono." Owlpaw clarified. "I think-" Mallowpaw tasted the air. "What's that smell?" RiverClan? Silksplash mind flew. On our side of the gorge? 

She slowed down to walk beside them. "What smell?" Silksplash asked, jestering with her tail for the others would stop. "Here, this tree." Said Mallowpaw. Iceeye padded over. "It's RiverClan." He Exclaimed quietly. I was right! "RiverClan has been here!" Wildfur and Plumbelly ran over to inspect. "Those flea-hearts are on our territory!" Hissed Plumbelly. Seedpelt stumbled on a stone. "Are?! He said. "Yes. This scent is terribly fresh- but they must have used water to wash the rest of their scent. Answered Plumbelly as Seedpelt came to inspect the tree. Why didn't I think of that? Silksplash turned. "Lets get back to-" "RiverClan, ATTACK!" Came the call.

 Suddenly, warriors flew in from the right, and a small black she-cat hooked her thorn sharp claws onto Silksplash's back. Hissing, Silksplash jumped and slammed her back onto the ground, squashing her attacker. She gripped the black cats shoulder and turned to pin them. Silksplash unsheathed her hind claws to rake her opponents belly. Owlpaw! Mallowpaw! The two cats had disappeared. The RiverClan warrior bore a puzzled expression as Silksplash leaped off of her and ran through the fight. Good thing RiverClan didn't bring too many warriors- where are they!? As she darted around she spotted Plumbelly hissing something to Mallowpaw. The young she-cat nodded just as a tortie and white cat lept onto Plumbelly. "Go!" She spat at the hesitant apprentice. Mallowpaw turned and fled. Owlpaw where are you!?

Silksplashes back was covered in scratches, and her paws in blood, but she kept on running and she saw a flash of tabby fur. Owlpaw! Silksplash ran towards the direction he was moving and found herself face to face with a RiverClan tom. The opponent threw himself at Silksplash but she was ready. She lept to the side and pounced while the tabby was still in the air. Silksplash didn't bother to pin him for long though. She needed to find Owlpaw. She turned her head to the right to jump away and spotted... "Owlpaw!" Her apprentice was at the edge of the fight with his sister calling back to him. But Owlpaw was facing a grey she-cat. "Is this all WindClans got? A couple of kits?" She bared her teeth.

Silksplash tried to jump off the dark tabby but not before he raked her belly. She hissed and tried to leap off but just as she did a weight landed on her back and she plummeted. Before she knew it, two cats were on her. "I am not a kit!" Yowled Owlpaw. Silksplash turned and there was Owlpaw gripping to the side of the she-cat.

Every hair on Silksplashes pelt stood. The grey cat looked annoyed as she sunk her claws into his shoulder and threw him off. He landed hard on a tree. "Owlpaw!" Silksplash screeched. She tore herself out of the cats grip towards the grey cat who had now picked Owlpaw back up to scratch him again. She landed on the RiverClan cat and shot Mallowpaw a stare. A get out if here before I kill you stare. Like before with Plumbelly, she ran towards camp. And Owlpaw. Silksplash bit the cats wrist and her apprentice fell to the ground. "Leave!"

She cried before he could say anything. "I-" Owlpaw protested. "NOW!" Gulping the mottled tom began to race away and Silksplash was flooded with relief- not for long though as the she-cat turned onto her back to crush her. Panicked, she dropped off the cat to be met by the tabby and another tortie cat to claw her. Silksplashes teeth gritted in pain but she fought back, scratching the torties muzzle. Where's Wildfur and Plumbelly? And Iceeye? Seedpelt?

"Retreat RiverClan!" Silksplash was filled with relief as the three cats on her ran to the call. She heard as they were leaving- "You don't attack kits. It's against the code!" The grass beneath her felt sharp and everything hurt but Silksplash mustered all the strength she had and pushed herself up. She wobbled and was caught by a soft thick pelt. She didn't bother checking who had caught her. She was just glad her clanmates were there. 

________________________________________________

Still not getting any better at writing am I? Expect slower updates and shorter chapters now. (Even though this chapter was pretty short) Yeah, its cringe. This is probably going to be very unrealistic as well. Sorry for the rushed fight scene, I redid it and still hated the end result. Planning to redo the cover as well. Thanks for reading! (Suggestions open!)