2 | Getting In Trouble

After JJ steals some of the money from the safe, the group discusses what they should do and whether they should take it back, especially after seeing Scooter wash up on shore. They don't do that though and instead decide to throw a party for now. Callie seemed to be the one who wanted nothing to do with what was going on even after everyone slowly gave in.

"Sorry, you came back and got dragged into this." John B sits next to Callie as she sits on a tree branch alone with her beer.

"I just can't get in trouble, Johnny. If Joey finds out, I'm screwed." She sighs looking down at her cup.

"Joey?" He raises an eyebrow wanting to know who Joey was.

"My aunt's husband. Technically they aren't even married so that's why I always say boyfriend. He refuses to actually do it so they just use the terms because they've been together for so long. He's a total prick."

"Why would you be screwed though?" He asks her.

"As I said he's a prick and you don't want to see him angry. I don't know why she's still with him... how he treats us." She takes a drink of her beer.

"Treats us?" He starts to get worried about her.

"You get what I mean." She tells him so he puts an arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to his side.

"If you wanna talk, I'm here for you. I know four years have passed by but it doesn't feel like that with you back home now." He rests his head on top of hers.

"What happened to your dad? I didn't see him or hear him when I came over earlier." Callie lifts her head to look at him.

"Umm, he disappeared at sea nine months ago looking for a shipwreck. My Uncle T became my legal guardian but at the moment he's in Mississippi building houses. So it's just me and the Pogues. The law wants to put me in foster care to be in a safe loving home." John B tells her everything.

Callie didn't exactly know what to say to that. She felt sorry for him of course, "You aren't believing he's gone until you see a body?" She tilts her head.

"Exactly. No body, not dead to me." He nods his head so she gives him a smile. "I miss your smile when you had braces." He makes her jaw drop, "Because you used to get so insecure about them so I had to tell you how good you look with them. It was my job while JJ joked around about them."

"I hated them. I was so happy when I got to take them off." She makes a face.

"Your smile was great with them and now still without them."

"Are you flirting with me or?" Callie laughs at him making him chuckle.

"Depends, you want me to flirt with you or?" They both just smile at each other.

"So Pogues can't mack each other but Pogues can flirt with each other?" Callie tilts her head.

"Technically you left us so you aren't a Pogue anymore until I let you join again." John B points his finger at her.

"What I went through today sneaking into a motel room and hiding from the cops doesn't make me automatically join again?" She playfully shoves him while Kiara watches them from a distance.

"What up?" JJ asks her looking at the two in the distance laughing. "They're just friends catching up. She was our best friend, remember." JJ lets her know watching the two closer. John B and Callie kept giving each other flirty smiles and looks making JJ laugh, "Yeah, catching up. Don't worry." He walks away to drink more not wanting to think anything more.

"So you really aren't letting one of the original three Pogues not back in?" Callie smacks John B's arm.

"Fine, you're back in." He smacks her back.