15 | The Angel

The next morning Kie, Pope, and Callie were first to wake up getting ready for school while John B and JJ were passed out still. "Callie, wake your boyfriend up." Pope huffs.

"J, get up. If you don't I'm breaking up with you." She tells him so he gets up half asleep still making her laugh. "Where you going? We're going this way." Callie grabs John B who starts walking around.

"I'm starving. I need some pizza." JJ tries to walk away from the door.

"No, you missed breakfast." Pope walks him out as JJ grabbed a slice.

"Come on sleepyheads." Callie helps walk both boys to the van.

As Pope parks at school, JJ goes head first forward making Callie look back at him, "That didn't wake you up?" She gets out going to open the door.

"Let's go. Up and at 'em, boys." Pope gets out of the van so the other two follow to class.

In the first class of the day John B and JJ get mad at Pope and at Callie for not telling them there was a test today.

"I told you we had a test this morning." Pope whispers to them.

"No, you didn't."

"It's literally the first thing he said to you." Callie has Pope's back.

"Can I peek over your shoulder?" JJ leans forward to ask Callie.

"If you get caught it's on you." She tells him so he kisses the back of her head.

"I fucking love you."

After class walking to the next, Mr. Sunn calls the group to give Pope a diary, Denmark's diary, and from this, he learns that the Cross of Santo Domingo was on the Royal Merchant.

The Pogues go to the bonfire, with JJ telling John B that it may be best to give Sarah some space. "That's you. I'm out of here with my baby." JJ gives his beer to Callie to shotgun so she does making him proud of her.

The two end off alone to the side drinking and relaxing as Pope joins them, "Please don't make me feel like a third wheel." He tells them.

"I can't make any promises." JJ holds Callie in his arms as they rock to the music.

"You guys make me sick. How did you, JJ, get an actual girlfriend before me?" Pope laughs at them.

"Because my childhood friend moved back, who had the same feelings towards me."

"Don't worry, Pope. There's a girl out there waiting to meet you. And when you meet her, you will know. Trust me." Callie tells him making him smile.

"Thank you, I'm going to get a drink." He walks off leaving the two alone.

"You do know you're my first girlfriend, right?" JJ turns Callie to face him.

"I figured that. And you're my first boyfriend." She leans up to kiss him so he pulls her closer to him.

JJ walks backwards so he can sit down on a little wall that was the perfect height for them. JJ immediately pulls Callie onto his lap and grips her ass.

"Hey, we're in public." She leans out of the kiss.

"You didn't fight back when I pulled you onto my lap." He kisses the tip of her nose.

She just stares into his eyes smiling, "Do we really need the gold to get married?" She asks him so he smiles bigger.

"It would be nice but no, we don't need the gold. Before Sarah dumped John B, they got married with no gold." He tells her, "So will you marry me, Callie Ivy Warner?" He cups her face.