Chapter 5

"Ugh... My head hurts," I muttered quietly. I opened my eyes and saw I was at home. My grandmother walked in and gasped. "Honey, you're awake!" I nodded and tried to get up. A horrible pain appeared in my leg. "Ouch!" My grandma walked over and comforted me. "You can't walk dear, you were in major trouble. It's a good thing the kings knights were there."

    I suddenly remembered the whole thing and looked down at my leg. It was bandaged up. "Where's Alec?" My grandma shrugged. "He had to leave a little while ago. He said it was very urgent and he'd be back as soon as he could.." I sighed and leaned my head back.

    A few hours later there was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said, my voice cracking. Alec walked in and frowned. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you..." I waved my hand, "It's not your job to protect me Alec." He muttered something and sat on my bed. "Don't go into the woods alone again okay? You really scared me there." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Get some sleep, you need it." He walked out the door and smiled weakly at me, and left.

    Awhile after Alec left I heard loud banging and screaming coming from the kitchen, "GRANDMA!" I yelled, quickly getting up from bed. I ignored the pain in my leg and wobbled out. The scene before me was horrible.

    There was furniture knocked over and shattered window glass everywhere. I whipped my head around looking for grandma. Suddenly someone kicked my leg from behind, hard. I screamed in pain and fell to the ground. The figure grabbed my hair and made me face them. I looked up at the figure, while trying to claw them.

    They were wearing dark clothes and a sack over their head. "My my my, if it isn't the sweet Elizabeth," they said cackling. I looked and saw my grandma unconscious, on their shoulder. "Let her go!" They laughed, and kicked me in the stomach. "I'm just following orders." They then kicked me in the head and I passed out.

    I awoke some time later, confused. I looked around and saw I was in the kitchen. "GRANDMA!" I got up and wobbled over to the door. It was broken down. I fell to my knees and tears formed. She was gone, my grandma was gone.

~~~Alec's POV~~

    I decide to visit Eliza again, make sure she was okay. I walked up to the house and saw the door busted down. "Oh my god Eliza!" I ran inside and saw Eliza on her knees crying. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and embraced her. "Shhhh Eliza it's ok, I'm here now." She pushed her face into my chest and cried. I held her, rubbing her back to calm her down. Soon it got quiet, she had fallen asleep. I watched her sleep, she was so peaceful. You would never have guessed minutes ago she was crying. All I had to figure out now is why.

~~~Grandma's POV~~~

My husband, Lou walked in with a handful of freshly picked daisies. He also had a box of green tea. I was excited, tea was hard to come by for us. I put the flowers in a vase, and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed, he always had a way of taking my breath away. We were young then, I was 26 and him 30. I put the tea in a kettle and served it. We laughed and talked about conceiving a child. We had tried for years, and it never worked. The one time I got pregnant, I unfortunately had a miscarriage. He told me about how the King was recruiting people to fight for him. Lou desperately wanted to become a soldier in the King's army. I just smiled, but inside I was afraid, afraid of losing him.

    I woke up with a smile on my face, oh how I missed Lou. I suddenly remembered the intruder in my home. I looked around, I was in a dimly lit cell. "Shit..." I quickly shut my mouth. Did I just swear? I sighed deeply and looked around my cell. There was a small bed with a thin sheet on it, and a dirty toilet. I sat up and tried to pull on the cell bars. Although they were loose, they were still very sturdy. A door opened and I looked up, right into the face of my kidnapper...