prologue

───────────────────────

The Flame Hashira embarked on a mission to Mt. Tsukihime, following reports of a lower-moon demon's presence in the area. As he journeyed, a powerful demon aura caught his attention, prompting him to sprint towards it. After a brief run, he found himself in a dark and eerie forest. To ensure he wouldn't get lost, the Flame Hashira instructed his crow to memorize the path.

Continuing his search, he stumbled upon a young girl in distress. This girl had a unique appearance, with pale skin, two faint red stripes on her cheeks, and small white horns adorning her forehead. Her left eye bore the kanjis for "Lower Four," surrounded by white rings and a deep red sclera. Long white hair cascaded down past her chin, with shorter bangs framing her horns.

She was dressed in black zori shoes with orange straps, white tabi socks, and a simple red kimono. The kimono featured a black and white fur-lined collar, tied at the back with a large dark purple bow.

The Flame Hashira swiftly grasped his sword, swiftly swinging it towards the demon's neck, and bellowed, "Flame Breathing, Fourth Form - Bloom!" However, the demon skillfully evaded the Flame Hashira's attack, assuming a defensive stance in an instant.

“Flame Breathing, Second form : Rising scorching Sun!”

As the flames flickered upon the Flame Hashira's sword, the demon's gaze shifted, triggering a flood of memories of her beloved brother. She envisioned the disappointment etched upon his face upon witnessing her transformation. She never aspired to become a demon, but circumstances had forced her into this wretched existence. She harbored no desire to engage in combat with the esteemed Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, growing weary of a life spent serving "that man." Overwhelmed with despair, she collapsed to her knees, tears streaming down her face, beseeching the Flame Hashira to end her torment.

"P-Please, end me," the demon pleaded, her words piercing through the Flame Hashira's widened eyes.

"Flame Breathing, Fourth Form - Blossom of Oblivion," he uttered solemnly, swiftly severing the demon's neck. Gradually, the demon's body and head disintegrated into nothingness.

Gazing upon the remnants of the demon's visage, a profound sense of remorse washed over the Flame Hashira. "Thank you. That man has unleashed demons upon Tokyo. Please be careful," the demon whispered before vanishing into thin air.

The Flame Hashira's eyes widened in astonishment. "I must report this to Oyakata-Sama."

Some time later, Mukago wakes up beneath a Sakura tree next to a lake. She sees herself as a human reflection and hears a familiar voice. She turns to see her older brother and runs towards him, apologizing as she cries. Her brother comforted her and said,

"It's okay, Mukago. Let's go home."

───────────────────────

Finally Finished Editing The Prologue!! (⁠つ⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)⁠つ. More chapters are coming soon!!

-SUMI