The New Awakening Of A New Dawn.

Chapter 1

The New Awakening Of A New Dawn

As I walked down the narrow alley, my breathing slowed, and I took lighter steps as I made my way through. "Gee, what was I doing? This was a bad idea. I could have gotten the milk in the morning," I thought as I continued my walk. As I reached the end and stepped out, I realised this place was not like home. I must have turned the wrong way. I turned around to leave, but the way I came out of was now blocked and covered up by brick. Something wasn't right here. Where am I? I took a glance around to absorb my surroundings. What an unusual place. It's almost like a dream. Wait, like a dream! This must just be a crazy dream I had about going out and getting milk at such a late hour. "Come on, wake up!!!"

"Hey, are you okay? You seem to be lost?" I snapped around to look at who was talking. "Whaa!!! He's not human! What is he!?!" I stumbled back, and my hood came off. "Shit!!!" I looked back up at him and saw the shock and confusion he probably saw on my face. "Why does he have horns?! Where am I?!"

Before he could even answer my question I was sweeped up in his arms. He seemed to be running away from something, but who dared to be close to this! He's like a monster that appears in your dreams. God, I must be sleeping.

He ran 15k by the time he stopped, and we arrived at a house. He let me down gently on the ground. "My apologies, Miss, but someone was hunting you, and I needed to bring you to safety."

"Safety! You kidnapped me and brought me here. I went out to get some milk and began my way home, but when I walked out to view whatever this is, the passage I took closed, and then I met you. So, if you could please tell me what the hell is happening here?"

The man looked so confused as I rambled on, trying to figure out how the hell I came up here. "Are you done talking?" That sounded very pissed. "Yes, sorry sir," I said. "I have one question. What are you, my dear, and why do you smell so weird?"

"I should be the one asking, not the one with horns and a tail...a ta-tail!!" I cleared my voice. "I'm a human, like many people, and what kind of question do you ask a girl why they smell?"

His eyes lit up with what looked like panic and worry before he spoke again. "Humans died a long time ago. They died because of them hunting us. We just fought back. How did you survive?" Worry and panic settled in, and my voice broke at almost every word.

"I already told you. I walked down this alley, and I came here, and what do you mean? There is none of your kind; it's just regular humans. Is this just a dream?" He let out a sigh after I finished speaking. "I'm afraid not. It seems like that alleyway was actually a portal to another universe."

I took a step back after hearing that. I needed to get out of here. My thoughts raced. I'm not safe wherever I go. I looked around and found a small hole in a wall.I attempted to escape by crawling under there.

"I can't escape what this thing is going to do to me," I thought to myself as I made a bolt for the hole. I don't think he noticed; he was too busy listening to whatever he was hearing. "Yes, yes! I'm halfway there. Come on!" Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain and was dragged out. My hiding place was no longer a place of unknown. The horror of my situation set in. "I wanted to live a normal life, not this," I thought to myself.

"Where do you think you're going? Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" he yelled at me.

"I'm going to die anyway, so whatever I do won't matter," I replied.

"You really are that dumb, aren't you?" he sighed.

Confused, I wondered why he was calling me dumb when he had caught me. He compared me to a rabbit and a fox, but I didn't understand what he meant. Then everything went black, and I faded away into the night.