v. cauterize my tongue

CHAPTER FIVE
━━cauterize my tongue━━

BELLADONNA WAS STILL IN THE DAMNED INFIRMARY. Perseus had left several minutes ago, the embarrassment must have finally hit him after she finished asking him questions. He wiped his palms on his jeans and stumbled out of the chair, muttering on about 'getting in some last minute training' and 'going to hit some dummies.'

     She let him go without another word, because in reality, she really wanted to be alone.

     Despite her bitching headache, Belladonna shifted onto her knees, in almost a praying position. Her palms were upward, facing the gods she hated with every bruised bone in her tattered body.

She needed a healthy way to rid of the brewing anger in the cavity that was beating deep in her hollow chest. And necromancy was the healthiest thing she could come up with.

Belladonna felt a painful tug in her stomach, one that morphed into a dull feeling because her body had gotten used to the abuse she put it through.

The blood that was coursing through her veins were on fire. Her lips started moving in a wordless chant, but she could taste the Latin on her tongue.

Belladonna was summoning her best friend, and she was hoping Georgiana was in the mood to talk.

     She closed her eyes as her headache got worse, but she knew that seeing Georgiana's friendly face would be worth it. Hopefully.

     Her muscle tissue relaxed as she imagined the smell of peaches wafting in the air and felt the sun bless her through the cracked windows.

     And just like honey on a burnt tongue, Georgiana appeared; corporeal and all. Her ghostly features lit up as she squinted at Belladonna, accusations written into her gossamer skin.

    "Don-don," she fake scolded, using the nickname that belladonna hated, all the while looking profusely confused as to why she was in a hospital bed, but happy to see her solemn friend. "I thought you were banished to the underworld for all of eternity."

Stifling a frown, Belladonna squirmed in the bed. "Lots has changed."

She then went on to rasp and slur over the details of her 'rescue'. She slaved over details of the heroes that saved her from drowning and practically kidnapped her after. She floated over the detail of losing her memories and meeting the gut-wrenching gods. She talked about seeing her mother (to which Georgiana looked very enraptured in the details of their interaction), and then she just mentioned her conversation with Perseus.

"Holy Hera," Georgiana sucked in her lips, transparent eyes glossing over. "So you're free now? No more Lethe?"

"No more Lethe." Belladonna smiled and nodded.

Georgiana was one of the only people-err-ghosts that she could stand. She was sweet enough to balance out her bitterness. She was considerate and sarcastic. The personification of sunshine.

They met in the River Lethe, one of Belladonna's off days. She was in a pissed off mood, more than usual. Before Georgiana, a bitchy millennial that looked like she only owned yoga pants and halter tops, and taught hot yoga for a living was picking a fight with her. She was probably annoyed about the fact that she was dead, but like, get over it. Georgiana came up to her after she had to force the millennial to drink from the lethe and gave her a small smile. Belladonnas skin that was accustomed to the frigid tempers of the river grew goosebumps at the small sign of peace, and she knew that she could never be without it.