01

15th August, 2003

Dear Willow,

This is my 205th letter, you might not know this. I doubt you've read any and if you have this might be the last you'd get. It's been eleven years since I saw your soft features, since I felt your warm skin against mine and I still crave it at every passing minute.
I know you must still blame me for that night but I did what i could and I am so sorry for not trying hard enough. It's been eleven years and three months, please find a place in your heart to forgive me.
I have tried emailing you but it seems you've changed your email address. Out of curiosity, did you do that cause of me? I can't help but think that might be the case.

I won't want to bother you with my sob story so I'll tell you all about my day.
Today after my lectures at the university -the students are still infuriating- I met with a new professor and strangely she looked so much like auntie. The crooked smile, her bright eyes and those round lips and I realized how much I've missed her and her funny Swedish accent. The professor said a lot to me that I truthfully did not hear, I was imagining her to be auntie and I remembered the day she asked me to stop meeting with you. I remember the way you yelled at her and I remember how crazy you acted that day. Who would have known that she would be the one who worries about me the most. Well after you of course even though that is not the case anymore. I miss you terribly but I miss what we had more.
Say me well to auntie and do tell her how much I miss tasting her lasagne and that very soon I'll be paying her a visit. I hope to see you too.

I'm sorry for what I did and what I'm about to do. I will always love you Willow Anne Wright, my fine oyibo.

Yours Always,
Reggie.

He sealed the letter hoping for a reply this time.
He took a short walk to the post office to have it mailed.
He smiled, an almost sinister smile and approached the café opposite the street. It's time to get down to it.