Totally not a library date. What noooooo definatly not.

Hey sry for not updating. Idk where you guys are in the world but up here we had a snow day. So basically i took the day off ig lmao. Anyway heres todays chapter and I'll try to get back into the normal daily updates.

():():():():():():():():():():():():():():()

"Hey Jake," Sunghoon said as he plopped down in a seat. It was free period and the two were meeting in the library like discussed.

The older hummed in response obviously engrossed in the book he was reading.

"Um hello?" Sunghoon asked with a raised eyebrow. The older said nothing. Getting annoyed, Sunghoon took the book from Jake. He grabbed a piece of paper and put it in between the pages to save Jakes place.

"W-hey!" Jake protested.

"You can read whenever. Right now you are here to teach me English," Sunghoon said firmly. Jake pouted and it was all Sunghoon could do to stop himself from blushing.

"Fine," Jake grumbled. He rummaged through his bag and pulled out a piece of scrap paper. Sunghoon watched as he began to write down unrecognizable things on it.

When he was done, Jake slid the paper toward Sunghoon. "Okay, this is the English alphabet. Twenty-six letters. The ones underlined are vowels," Jake said.

"This first one is 'A'. Try to pronounce it," Jake emphasized the letter to make it easier for Sunghoon.

"A..." Sunghoon tried. "That sounds like A in Korean," he said.

Jake chuckled. "Because it is A in Korean. Here, how about this?" Jake took the paper and began to add to it. When he slid it back over to Sunghoon he saw the Korean equivalent next to the English letter.

"Why are these letters down here?" Sunghoon asked.

"They don't have an English equivalent," Jake explained. "Now lets try the next letter. This one is 'B'. Try it."

After about 40 minutes of learning the letters

"Hey Jake?"

Jake tilted his head in question. They had just gone over all the letters a couple times to make Sunghoon more comfortable with them. "Yeah?"

"Two things. One: why are you being so nice to me? I thought we were enemies," Sunghoon asked.

Jake thought for a moment. "Honestly...i don't really see you as an enemy anymore. You still annoy me and you're a pain in my ass, sure. But you're also my friend now. I guess we're...frenemies?" He shrugged. "What was the other thing?"

"I overheard this being said once and im almost sure it was English. But i don't know what it means so can you translate it?" Sunghoon asked.

Jake smiled. "I can try, sure. What was it?"

Sunghoon paused trying to remember. "I think it went something like: 'they're getting on my nerves. We don't have to hurt the boy very much, he is a total coward. He will listen to us. But the girl...she will defend both of them at any cost, and she is getting braver. We have to end her...i don't care if she is our daughter.' Or it went something like that."

Jakes eyes were wide his mouth open. "S-sunghoon...? W-who said that?"

"My parents," Sunghoon said studying Jakes expression. "Why? Is it bad?"

"Its a bad thing to say in general but its worse if it was your parents!" Jake yelped.

"Wait so what does it mean?" Sunghoon asked confused.

Jake let out a breath. "To summarize it...basically they are tired of two people a girl and a boy. The boy they wont hurt too much because apparently he's a coward. The girl they will hurt badly because she will stand up for the both of them. And i guess the girl is their daughter...?" Jake said in one breath.

Sunghoon stared at Jake in shock. He couldn't believe it. His parents had been planning what they did to Ryujin, his sister, and he could have stopped it. He felt like the floor opened up underneath him and he was falling not knowing if he would land or die falling.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. Jakes hand. Sunghoon snapped back into reality and looked at Jake who's expression was filled with sympathy and something else Sunghoon couldn't decipher.

"Did your parents really say that?" Jake asked softly.

Sunghoon nodded sadly. "It sure sounds like something they would say. They're sadistic like that," Sunghoon chuckled bitterly, no smile on his face.

"Why would they do that?" Jake asked incredulously. His voice remained quiet as if not wanting to draw any attention which Sunghoon was grateful for.

Sunghoon sighed. "To sum it up: my parents adopted me when i was a kid. They would try to hit me and my sister wound always stand up for me which got her hurt. One night she tried even harder because she was done with them and...well they..." Sunghoon paused not knowing if he could say anymore.

"You dont have to say anymore. Just nod or shake your head for this question," Jake said gently. Sunghoon blinked and nodded.

"They didn't...kill her right?" Sunghoon frantically shook his head his eyes wide with alarm. Jake breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay good."

"She is in the hospital though," Sunghoon whispered, his voice barely audible.

"Shes..." Jake trailed off not being able to form the words. Sunghoon nodded miserably.

Suddenly Sunghoon was engulfed in a hug. Jakes arms were wrapped around his so tightly it was like Jake didn't want to let him go. Sunghoon paused but slowly hugged the older back.

"Im so sorry you and your sister had to go through that," Jake said softly. "Tell her i said so."

Jake could sense the younger smiling a little which made himself smile. "I will be sure to," Sunghoon said.

They made a silent agreement to stay like that for a while. Neither wanted to pull away. But of course the stupid bell had to interrupt the beautiful moment.

"I should probably go," Sunghoon said. "I have a sister to visit."

"I should go too," Jake said as he began to extract his arms from the embrace. Sunghoon did the same.

"Thanks for the lesson," Sunghoon smiled-a more genuine smile.

Jake couldn't help but smile back. "Of course. Same time, same place tomorrow?"

"Definitely," Sunghoon agreed. The pair walked out of the library together then split up each going to their respected lockers.

Each pondering about what happened. Each having weird, unknown feelings.
Each thinking of the other.