15. The Other Side

One Year Later
***

Candice's P.O.V

"Hey Candice, we got a guy at the welcome center with some application trouble." Chris, the new receptionist pages me over the walkie talkie clipped to the front pocket of my slacks.

"What does he need?" I reply.

"He's trying to apply for a financial manager, but it looks like his company was denied." He says.

I snapped the walkie off my thigh and slide in my office chair.

"What's his last name?" I asked before setting the walkie on my desk, opening the files on my computer.

The walkie beeps again.

"Last name, Vets." He said.

I typed a few letters.

"Hey Chris," I call back.

"Yeah?"

"I'm not seeing that name."

I scroll through the pending applications with the last name initials V.

"Vets. V-E-T-S" He spells it out. "First name, M-A-R-C-E-L."

I typed as he spells.

"Got it." I confirm. "Yeah he's gonna need to provide some additional information. Could you send him up to me please?" I ask.

"Copy that."

I read through the status noted on the application waiting for the client to arrive.

The elevator dings across the hall.

In just a matter of a few seconds a man approaches my open door.

"Come in." I granted.

He adjusts his suit jacket before taking a seat across from me.

"Hi, I'm Candice." I extend my hand for a shake.

"Marcel." He completes.

Marcel.

The name sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Alright Marcel, so here's what I found." I rotate my computer screen so that he could see.

"What's that?" He leans in with interest.

"Your application was denied due to the limited information you provided." I explain. "In order for us to successfully match you with a financial manager, we need to have access to the exact dollar amount of your company's net profit."

"Ok." He nods.

"So, you have here that your company is the head of three franchises, correct?"

"Yes." He nods again.

I scratched my temple with confusion.