One Indian Girl

The title says it all.

This is a book that some can't understand. I can see a lot of negative comments, and reviews for this book and also for the author.

I enjoyed this book. As a girl from a family, who is scared to send their child outside not even for work.
I enjoyed it when Radhika made her way to London.

As I am with three siblings who are also female children in one family, I know the reaction of mom and dad. They always want their child to fly but they are frightened by their surroundings so-called relatives, and neighbors. It has been shown clearly.
Also, even some girls who want to be independent, always think to get equal rights. At some point, they will be like "Am I doing correctly".

I always find this book related to myself on many pages. When I feel like what others will think, I will just think about the words in this book which made me powerful while reading.

Every human being makes mistakes and so does Radhika. Every human being has confusion and so has Radhika. I can't find anything wrong in this like others were always criticizing this particular author's work. Some also find grammar mistakes. Come on, we are all not perfect. Not only this book, but all his books also contain very simple English. All can read and understand this book.

So Radhika is the nerd but also she wants to be popular like her sister.
But at some point, she made to believe it's better to be a nerd rather than be popular because of her wheatish complexion. She scored very well in all her exams which made her get into the richest company Goldman Sach.

I didn't know whether there are many companies, where they give better money at the start. It's okay, according to the rule of fiction, it's not punishable if it is so. And this made me think I should have done much better in my studies.

Starting this book is Radhika's Marriage.
She is all getting ready for her destination marriage in Goa.
But she is not okay with that even though she agreed to do this. Something is not okay with her. Maybe she failed in her love life. Maybe she thought she didn't deserve a love life.

This book split up into three countries according to Radhika's love and work life.
London, Hong Kong & New York.

I like the way the author wrote this book from a girl's POV. I have no idea how he does this. Because it's really hard to know what & how the opposite gender thinks.

For example, Radhika's first love breakup happened because she is a Feminist like all the girls who hate inequality.
When the opposite gender agrees the same we all kinda like the person. And so she started to like him because of that.

And we all know what will happen after some days. Eventually, things went how they could. As a working woman in a more money-paying company and a Man who works in a normal Ad Company that too has more politics for his promotion. It made him insecure in their love life. He found the reason Radhika won't suit married life. She won't be fit for marriage material like a loving wife or caring mother.

Worst case she believed that and decided to give up all her hard work.
But then she realized he was not worthy of it.

Then her life started fresh again in Hong Kong. She worked hard and drank even more. Maybe love has these side effects as complimentary. And she gained sincerity from One of her senior people. He let me know his idea about one of the businesses that he wants Radhika to work on because she is good at it.

As the work becomes more, she gets close to him. They started to have a relationship. Though he was married and had two children, she didn't care about that. At this point, I realized Love is Blind.

She does not even think about her and his senior person's wife & the children.
Then when she saw him with his family she realized, she too longed for family. She not only wants to be a working woman but also a wife/mother. But when she tells them about this, he is taken aback. Even he didn't expect her to be wife material.

And again she is there where she doesn't want to be ever in her life. But it's life, she can't do anything.

She shifted to another country New York. Here no more love. She settled to her mother's words and ARRANGED MARRIAGE which she never thought that she would marry a stranger.

Still, she decided to go with the flow, maybe all the others she did were going in the wrong direction.

So the groom is fixed, the Marriage date is fixed, and the hotel is booked in Goa. But the twist is both her Boyfriend realized their mistakes and wants to win Radhika back before she get married. The most I like most about this book is human nature it will change in every situation. Radhika was tempted by her old love.

At last, she knew what to do.
Climax is the best thing in this book.
She neither goes with her ex-lovers nor marries a stranger.

She just wants to take control of life. Maybe she will marry or not marry but she will decide. Because of her love & marriage life, she doesn't want to career as well and because of her career, she doesn't think she couldn't be able to be a good mother.

Those lines hit me with reality. I brought from the environment women who should not go to work. After some years it's gotten more normalized that she can go to work simultaneously she needs to adjust to her work/duties at home. But that's not the correct one.
Everyone should adjust like when the man goes to work & does household work on his own time. It's not happening the same thing for women. She has to do all of her household activities at the correct time. She can't be late otherwise due to her work life it's bothering her, and it is affecting her personal life. If everyone in the family adjusts a little bit she can do anything.

Because of my current living environment, this book made more impact on me.