Chapter Twenty-Nine

The ship shook slightly as it came into the port, the rough freezing waves forcing against the boats exterior, pushing it up against the wooden port.

Elia stood up from her seat, holding one side of her dress to lift it so she could make her way to the edge of the boat. Cregan stepped out of the ship and onto the port before turning and offering his hand to Elia. The silver haired princess put her hand in his, allowing him to help her out of the boat.

She shivered as the snow fell onto her hair and shoulders. She wore an elegant blue dress with a long black fur coat overtop to keep the cold away from her, though she had underestimated how cold the north truely was and realised she needed to put on more layers as soon as possible.

The ground shook as the five dragons landed heavily on the ground just a little away from where Elia was standing. With a grin she picked up both sides of her dress and hasted towards her dragons, eager to see how they were coping with the cold atmosphere.

"Hello my sweet boys" Elia spoke in high Valyrian to her dragons.

Cannibal walked towards her and pressed his massive head against her, embracing her in what she would consider a dragon hug. His scales were toasty against her skin, like a nice warm blanket, she wrapped her arms around his nose.

Meanwhile, Tide Breaker seemed rather excited of the new and unnatural place and was bounding about the snow, rolling around in the white blanketed ground and flicking big piles of the snow up with his wing, causing it to land on Vhagar, who only bellowed in reply to the white dragons immature acts.

Elia held a hand to her lips as she giggled at her dragon, who she was delighted to see was not fretting the cold snow.

The crunching of snow behind Elia made Cannibal pull his head from her embrace so he may let out a low hiss towards the person approaching.

Cregan chuckled, "He's quite magnificent, I don't recognise him?" He said, gesturing towards Cannibal.

Elia smiled, "Thats because he's new, I only claimed him rather recently, but I'm sure you remember Tide Breaker?" She said, pointing towards the white dragon continuing to flick snow up onto Vhagar with his wing. The Queen of dragons appeared to have an expression as if she were rolling her eyes at the immaturity of the younger dragon.

Cregan laughed at the dragon, "Yes of course I do, he always was my favourite of the Targaryen dragons" he said as he grinned at Tide Breaker.

Elia chuckled, but quickly shivered as another cold breeze scraped across her reddened cheeks. She shuffled closer to Cannibal so she may find warmth against his scales.

Cregan frowned, "Perhaps it's best we get you inside the walls and warm?" He suggested, holding his hand out for Elia.

With a smile, the Princess took Cregan's hand and allowed him to lead her away from her dragons, through the thick snow covering the ground and towards the entrance to Winterfell.

Aemond had his hands tucked behind his back as he walked, looking over the white landscape as he went. His eye set on his titanic Vhagar, being taunted with snow by Elia's Tide Breaker. He let out a slight chuckle before continuing his eye onward across the scenery until it landed on Cregan and Elia, walking hand in hand together into Winterfell.

Aegon walked beside his younger brother with a smirk, "Frustrating isn't it brother? Seeing the Stark and Baratheon swarm her any chance they get" he teased.

"Say another word and I'll bury your head in the snow" Aemond replied lowly as he quickened his pace to leave his brother behind.

Aegon only chuckled as he jogged to catch back up with Aemond, "You know she wants you right? She's not the slightest bit interested in the Stark or the piss poor Baratheon" he said.