THREE

The loud sound of a bell ringing woke Shakya up. As soon as he opened his eyes, he found himself lying on a small shabby bed that could accommodate no more than one person. He looked around him and found that he was in a large enclosed area. There was no window, not even a small hole for ventilation. It was completely sealed from all sides. However, surprisingly, the air inside felt very refreshing and cool, like a fresh morning on an open field in the countryside. It made him subconsciously relax.

There were also other people in the room who seemed to have woken up just now as well. He estimated, there were at least about a thousand people consisting of both male and female of various ages, but mostly young people. The number of people could possibly be even more. There were a good number of children too. They looked to be from different regions, most of them possessing western features. In fact, it was Shakya's first time seeing foreigners in real life. Each of them had a shabby bed of their own, same as the one Shakya was sitting on. They were also provided with a thin black blanket each. The beds were arranged in five rows.

He carefully observed the surrounding in the room. Rather than calling it a room, considering how huge it was, hall was a better fit for it. The walls painted in white were so high that the ceiling looked like it was miles away when he looked up. He discovered there was a huge red "UNIT A" written on the white surface of the ceiling.

So, this is the unit space Little Mouse was speaking of. Turns out, it was a huge enclosed cell. Apparently, units were divided according to the participants' strengths. It was sort of similar to how classes in school were divided into different sections according to the students' ranks. There would be separate classrooms for the high-ranking students, middle ranking students and low-ranking students. Shakya has always felt this to be totally unnecessary and extremely discriminating. He was neither one in the good student category nor in the bad student category. He always ranked somewhere in the middle. Similar to that, there were five units here; Unit A was the one consisting of the strongest participants on Earth and Unit E, the weakest. Here, this strength didn't only refer to physical strength, everyone's strength was evaluated from different aspects.

And Shakya was somehow put into the strongest unit, Unit A. Thinking about it, he considered his qualities carefully and found nothing really special about it. Although he did often get into some fist fights before with other youngsters, he could not really consider himself to be a very good fighter nor did he have that great of a strength. His brains couldn't even be compared to the last ranking student from section 1. Everything about him screamed average. So, what did these people actually see in him that he ended up straight in the strongest unit? Was there possibly a glitch?

Shakya, with his vast knowledge gained from reading numerous unlimited flow novels, felt that this could either bring him an advantage, or put him in a terrible predicament. And he had a big hunch that it would be the latter. There was no way in the world that being in a huge room full of strangers that were apparently the strongest in the world, alone, would ever bring about anything good. The more he thought about it, the more frustrated he felt.

There were huge lights on all sides of the room and it was as bright as broad daylight. Shakya watched the people around him. Some of them were still in a daze after waking up, some people even started discussing in groups while some were sitting alone quietly and observing their surrounding just like himself. Compared to how quiet the room was when he had just woken up, it was now very noisy with this huge number of people talking. It seemed that a lot of people had already found their acquaintances and formed their own groups. It would have been great if he could also find someone he knew here. He watched them with envy for a while before his eyes fell on a western middle-aged man who was also staring back at him with a strange look in his eyes. This man had huge muscles and looked very strong which naturally made Shakya a bit alerted. If he were ever to offend someone like this man, Shakya already knew the obvious result; He was no match for this man. He had better stay away from this man. The said middle aged man suddenly tapped on the two other men with similar physique as him sitting beside him and now there were three strange thug-like men giving him intense stares. One could clearly see the disgusting looks on their faces.