chapter two

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

a groan escaped y/n's lips when alhaitham pushed her to the shelves, his arms on both sides, keeping her from running away.

"did that hurt?" alhaitham whispered.

"in a good way." y/n whispered back.

"so? i already did your favor. can we talk about my question now?"

y/n sighed. "w-well…"

y/n told alhaitham exactly what she told cyno yesterday. about her pretending to have a boyfriend so that her suitors can leave her alone. she even told her the qualities of her fake boyfriend, which coincidentally, is also in alhaitham.

"you're lucky you came across me, idiot." alhaitham flicked her forehead. "and? you could've just told them that you don't want to be pursued."

"i would if i could, alhaitham. you know i would." y/n mumbled with a sad smile.

alhaitham hummed. "i actually agreed to this because i wanted to do research."

"what?" y/n asked, looking up at alhaitham like a dumbass.

"the admins always tell me that girlfriends are distractions. so i want to see if they're right." alhaitham explained. "and i haven't been in a relationship myself, so i wanted to try before it's too late."

"r-really?! but you were so good!"

y/n and alhaitham immediately covered y/n's loud mouth with their own hands.

"quiet in the library!"

"i surfed the internet for some ideas. but i really don't have any." alhaitham said.

"how about that guy you were with yesterday?" y/n asked, recalling zhongli who wasn't an ounce surprised by what happened, unlike cyno.

"if i'm inexperienced, zhongli is a torpe. he's too awkward with women and only gets away with it because he talks so goddamn much." alhaitham said.

"torpe?" y/n asked.

alhaitham narrowed his eyes. "that's… simple spanish. you don't know that?"

y/n also narrowed her eyes at him. "that's… something a smartass would say."

"torpe is awkward in spanish. and yes, i am a smartass."

y/n blinked. "who are you, alhaitham?"

"the time you ask." alhaitham took a step back before he took a book from the top shelf behind y/n.

"i'm alhaitham yusuf. i'm the university's student secretary, also known as the scribe."

alhaitham stared at y/n's gaped lips. unlike any other girls on campus, y/n's lips didn't have any tint on them but it was just naturally pink.