(3) 100 windows...

The stone paths were littered with leaves and twigs from nearby trees and a thin layer of windblown dirt from the grass. It was not difficult to sweep them away, but it was tiring and long.

You still had a little more to go before you even finished with the yard, let alone the rest of your work. And then you had to clean a hundred windows at the end of the day. At least it didn't seem like such a bad punishment.

_______

Okay, there's already been a problem. Ace was not in the cafeteria. He was supposed to meet you there after class ended. But he wasn't there, and ten minutes had passed since the end of school.

"I'm already tired after a whole day of cleaning here and I can't believe we still have a hundred windows to clean!" grumbled Grim, annoyance in his voice.

You gave him a slight nod of agreement before sighing. "Well, I'm sorry, but we have to do this. I know you're tired, but you can rest once we're done."

The tanuki chuckled in response, looking back at you. "What worries me is that this redhead hasn't even shown up here yet! He has the audacity to keep us waiting after what he did!"

"Maybe he's late? Sometimes..." - the redhead shook his head while sitting at the table next to you.

Grim was silent for a moment before looking away. "We'll wait a few more minutes. That's it!"

Time dragged on, seconds turned into minutes.
It was somehow not very interesting for you and Diluc to sit and watch the clock, as the monster did, so the red-haired man sat down with his back to you and you braided thin pigtails in his hair.

When you were done, you glanced at your watch and sighed.
"Yes, he left us..."

"Now, don't you think he's trying to get away with it," Grim said angrily,

"Yeah, it looks like..." the man said, looking at the angry Grim. "I suppose it would be better to look for him."

Hearing this, Grim quickly nodded in agreement. "Yeah, by no means am I doing all this punishment for him! Come on, [Name], Diluc, I don't care if we have to drag him when he starts kicking and screaming. He's cleaning those windows today!"

"Fine." You said as you followed Grim. "Try not to get lost"

You walked through the labyrinths of corridors, earning many sidelong glances, because of clothes that were clearly different from the dress code of this college. And you also had the feeling that ALL eyes were directed precisely at you.
*it's because I'm a girl* - you nodded to your thoughts *but I can't blame them, I'm really beautiful*

"HEY Ace, come here! Who do you think you're trying to hide from me?!" yelled Grim as the three of you entered the classroom and looked around to see the room was empty. "Maybe there really isn't anyone here..."

"Well, I wouldn't say that. After all, I'm here." An unknown voice sounded, making you look around and see the picture.

"Mya! This picture just spoke!" Grim exclaimed, moving away from the wall.

Your duo's eyes widened before you just stared curiously at the painting.

"Magic, fire-breathing cats and talking pictures. It must be all right here..."

"Yeah, so what? Is a talking picture such an anomaly in this school?" The man in the portrait tilted his head. "That lady in the portrait on that wall also talks. So does the gentleman in the portrait. As long as the painting has a mouth, why can't it talk? Is it so strange?"

Diluc blinked before giving a slight shrug. "Where do I come from, The pictures don't really talk, but it's really impressive..." He said in a calm tone.