Kurogiri

Shigaraki POV

Me and Toga both smash our doors open and run to the pub. What happened to Kurogiri? He just started to misspell words and ask the name of the guy in the photos repeatedly until he was answered then just stopped texting. He didn't even answer to me!

As we practically slide down the hallway into the bar, we spot Dabi's eyes and spiky hair peaking from behind the bar stand. We rush over and find him kneeling in front of Kurogiri.

But something was wrong with him. It was like he was glitching or something. His smoke was poking out then back in, changing the shape of his head and his shiny, yellow smoke eyes change to different shapes as well. I stood eyes widened while Toga took a step back.

"Wh-what's going on with Kurogiri?!" She exclaims to Dabi. He turns his head to look at her and back to Kurogiri. He didn't say a thing. I don't like this. I really don't like this!

Dabi turns his body and opens a cupboard that was under the table. He pulls out a... what do you call it? Oh, a funnel from there. Why does he need that? What would that do? What power does it have to fix him?! Why isn't he answering us?!

He then grabs a bottle of water from the table and just reaches his hand into Kurogiri's smoke. What? I didn't know we could do that. He looked like he was trying to find something by touching. I think he found it because turns Kurogiri's head up with one hand and sticks the funnel in with the other.

Wait... is he trying to hydrate Kurogiri's corpse? That wouldn't be needed since he's a nomu and doesn't rely on it. I guess Kurogiri is having some sort of panic attack then, right? You usually drink water after those to calm you. But why does his corpse get it? It's dead.

Dabi pours the water into the funnel while trying to ignore the crazy smoke whipping at him. He pours bit by bit. But stops when we heard a gulp. The corpse just gulped... isn't supposed to be dead!? Dabi at first was at shock by it too but remains calm.

I finally spoke out loud "Dabi, please tell me what the f*ck is going on..." I felt my eyes tear and my throat felt like I swallowed a bottle cap.

Dabi finally mumbles "It's okay, I think I know what's happening" as he helps Kurogiri up.

Kurogiri's face stops twitching as Dabi lifts him by his side. I rush to the other side of him for balance and we walk from behind the bar to in front. Toga follows us to the living room in worry.

"Bring him to my room" Dabi instructs but it seems Kurogiri didn't like the idea.

He shook the arm I was holding out and his head became wild again. I try to keep hold of it but he started to shake more aggressively. What in the world...

"No-nomu-u-us don-don't need sle-ep" He blurts out stuttering, but it wasn't stutter, more of a glitch "I hav- Must- My goal is to-to protect-t-ect Tomu-mu-ra-ra Shig-shag-shig-ara-ki"

"To my room" Dabi repeats and he just drags him to his room.

Toga rushes to help him lay down him but I stood still. I knew his goal was to protect me but... I didn't think of it all like that he was forced. I mean I knew he was forced to do as Afo said but... I thought he was already dead to have free will. F*ck, that's a stupid excuse.

After they came out of Dabi's room, he closes the door and says quietly "He'll really need this to be okay". Need what? A nap? But as Kurogiri said nomus don't sleep...

"What's going on Dabs?" I say trying to keep a mandatory volume. I honestly gets sick and tired when he does this.

Dabi kept his eyes down "Kurogiri's real name is... Oboro Shirakumo..." and silence was heard.

Toga shouts with her eyes so wide they could pop "Eraser's friend!!!???". I gasp quietly. The one they lost? The one we were all just talking about?! No... it can't be.

Dabi nods in reply. But if he died in his second year of UA he would be at least 17 when he was turned. Why would Afo get a 17 year old out of anyone to be a nomu?

"But why would Master take a corpse of a 17 year old?!" I exclaim. Dabi, look at me please.

He looks at me, like he heard my plea, and replies "They were originally after Eraserhead in the attack he got killed in, but they got the wrong person and... grabbed what they could".

I take back at least two steps. Afo was targeting Eraser... Eraser would've been Kurogiri. I guess it would make a big difference but what the heck!! I start scratching my neck BADLY. My fingers were practically digging through my skin, stabbing with my nails.

Toga grabs my hand though and keeps hold of it. "You'll scar yourself if you pick on it too hard" she informs breathily. Though being the most energetic in the league, she can be very observant of our actions.

"I must've woken him up subconsciously" Dabi continues as he looks back on the floor, "The pictures... they reminded him of his past. And when he gulped down the water. This means Oboro is still likely to be alive and probably well preserved. He also is turning a lighter shade of purple smoke as well as his eyes. They're a pale yellow then before. Afo can't figure out about this".

I stop him there. I might've recently had a fight between him, but there's no reason not to tell Master that his creation is still alive.

"Why not" I say clearly but Dabi changes his look from seriousness to 'Wtf' in seconds.

"Shig listen here," he starts slowly "Do you want him to forever be a nomu, stuck in smoke, fighting his best friends and crush-girlfriend-thing, or let him free. Pick".

My lip quickly squeezes and my head spun. Dabi's right. The whole point of this villain thing was to expose society. But it doesn't mean that we force people to do it. Oboro was a kid when sh*t happened. He would've died peacefully or even be alive right here.

"You're right, Afo can't know. But how can we even turn him back? If that's what you're saying" I mutter.

Dabi says with all staleness "I'm allowed in the lab any time I want so I'll make a cure, but we need to keep a close eye on Kurogiri. So that means no fights".

"What would we do without Kurogiri?" Toga's small voice speaks up. Dabi placed his hand on her head.

"We are villains, but we can make exceptions." He replies.

Toga nods but asks "How old is Oboro now?".

Dabi's fingers just clicked randomly and he marched to behind the bar. What is he doing? I have no mental capacity for this anymore. He then brings out a giant fan. He carries it to us and Toga's eyebrows said all necessary.

"One way to find out" Dabi says crinkling his nose a lot.

He opens the door and stomps quietly in, plugging the fan in and holding to Kurogiri. He was just lying there still, with those yellow eyes opened. Dabi was right, more pale in colour. He switches it on. He's not doing what I think he is, is he?

The fan turns on and his mist starts flapping off him. The fan was loud and strong because I soon saw a darker purple silhouette of someone.

I go in for a closer look with Toga following.

I see him. Half his face was covered by smoke but the other half was all we needed. A man, Oboro Shirakumo, was laying on Dabi's bed. Looked around 30, had cloudy light, gentle blue hair going up and a little bit of a beard grown, it was all springy. Otherwise, he looks the spit image of the photos.