7. Fire with fire

IT DID NOT take long for Cregan and Rhaella to arrive at her mothers chambers

The Queen was having a few alterations be made to her gown when her eldest daughter and a man she didn't know walked into her chambers with Marjorie and Ser Criston followed close behind.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of occupying my living quarters?" Alicent asked Rhaella as she glanced towards Cregan Stark.

"This is Cregan Stark, mother. Lord of Wintefell." Rhaella forced a smile as the introduced her betrothed to her mother.

"It is a pleasure to be in your presence, Your Grace." Cregan bowed politely.

"The pleasure is mine, Lord Stark. What brings you to King's Landing?" Alicent asked as she motioned for the servant to stop the alterations.

"I have come to discuss the details of my marriage with Princess Rhaella to the King, Your Grace." He responded as Rhaella glanced down at the ground nervously.

"Marriage?" She asked as she glanced between the two.

"Yes, Your Grace." Cregan nodded as he kept Rhaella's hand close to his.

"I was not made aware of your plan to betroth my daughter by the King." Alicent replied before forcing a smile.

"But it seems the King has grown ill these days and will not be able to discuss the details of your wedding to the Princess." Alicent informed Cregan.

"Perhaps the Hand and I can help you with the details of the wedding. We take care of the Kings affairs as of late." Alicent smiled.

Cregan took a glance towards Rhaella, who gave him a timid smile, unsure of what to think of her mothers sudden kindness.

"I suppose we can discuss the matters of my marriage to Princess Rhaella." Cregan sighed with a forced smile.

"Excellent. Rhaella, why don't you practice your archery while we discuss the matters of your marriage?" Alicent suggested causing Rhaella to nod.

"Of course. Come Marjorie." Rhaella smiled as she left her mothers living quarters with Marjorie by her side and Ser Criston behind the two.

"Follow me." Alicent smiled before she led Cregan to the meeting hall, where Otto would be.

The guards opened the door to reveal Otto and a few other lords in the room.

"Leave us, please." Alicent called out causing the men to nod before leaving the room.

"What is it, Alicent?" Otto asked as he glanced at the man behind her.

"It seems that the King has betrothed Rhaella to Lord Cregan Stark." Alicent said with a grimace.

"And when was this arrangement made?" He asked Cregan.

"The day of Laena Velaryon's funeral, ser." Cregan nodded politely.