23. Enough for you

*listen to video while reading this chapter*

Rhaella stood in her old chambers as she prepared for not only the execution of Otto Hightower but her mother's coronation as well.

In turn, she'd also be announced as Rhaenyra's heir later that evening.

It also meant that Cregan would be returning to Winterfell the following day.

This signified that her marriage to Lord Cregan was over. There was nothing left to salvage.

She had lost her husband, her children, and her brothers. Rhaella wasn't sure if this was all worth it.

She wasn't sure if sitting the Iron Throne was truly worth losing everything but it was the price she had to be with being the heir.

"Sister." A voice called causing Rhaella to turn around and see Baela.

"Baela." Rhaella smiled as she turned to face Baela.

"Do you need help?" Baela asked as she motioned to Rhaella's archer garments.

"Please." Rhaella nods before allowing Baela to help her.

"Are you nervous?" Baela asked after a few moments of silence between the pair.

"Just a bit. I've never had to kill anyone." Rhaella admitted softly.

"It's not like you will be killing someone innocent... Otto has done a great deal to our family." Baela replied, trying her best to comfort her sister the best she could.

"I know... I just never thought that this is what our life would come to." Rhaella sighed as Baela finished tightening her archer garments.

"None of us thought this is what our life would come to but it has. We must do with what we were given." Baela frowned as she took Rhaella's hands in hers.

"I know the Greens have taken a great deal from you. You of all people deserve to get the closure that you desperately need." Baela told her sternly.

"Killing Otto won't bring them back." Rhaella sighed as she thought of her brothers.

"No but it will give you a chance to avenge them." Baela told her softly.

"Thank you, sister." Rhaella breathed out as she pulled Baela into a hug.