Chapter 6

(continued)

Third Person POV

As the team reached the clearing they each set out to do specific tasks. Kakashi- Sensei started to build a fire pit and take out the cooking utensils and set them up, while Sasuke gathered wood to burn. Sakura was sent to retrieve water as it was an easy task to do in her rattled state.

Naruto and Kurama began to set up tents. They would obviously share one and Kaka-Sensei and Sasugay would partner up leaving little Ms. Useless alone.

Sasuke came back with an armful of kindle and left to shortly come back with logs. Kakashi-Sensei began to arrange the logs and put the kindle underneath before using a modified version of the Shoumeidan No Jutsu to start it.

He leant back in relief and breathed a small sign. Slowly one by one the others joined until the only one up was Naruto who was going through his pack searching for rations. Finding them he passed them out to the others before finding his seat by Kurama leaning against him as he began to eat.

"I did not stay sealed inside of you and your ancestors for generations, not being able to eat to just eat some nasty ration bar." Kurama proclaimed.

He got up and went into the surrounding woods before his steps disappeared.

"Where'd he go?" Sakura asked?

Naruto shaked his head knowing, "You'll see." He re-wrapped his ration bar and put it away.

They continued to sit in silence for a while, listening to logs in the fire crackle and hiss, and the wildlife continued on about them. Just as Sakura was about to ask yet another question, the sound of quiet paws began to come toward the camp. The others beside Naruto tense up in preparation for a fight.

Out of the shadows of their camp came a bloody snout holding a large rabbit followed by a lithe red body with nine-tails, the large animal came up to Naruto and sat the rabbit at his feet nudging it towards him, then stepped back.

"Cover your eyes if you don't want a peepshow." Naruto warned as he rose and took the rabbit in hand, beginning to clean it.

"What do you me-..." Sakura started but never finished as her jaw dropped.

A large crimson cloud of smoke erupted around the fox and as it cleared the now-returned Kurama was revealed. His pale skin glowing in the firelight, his eyes predatory and piercing into Naruto's before looking disdainfully at the others. Setting his hands on his hips, his naked hips for that matter, he peered over Naruto's shoulder at his kill, licking his lips.

"Now this still isn't quite what I want but it will do for now." He said as he took his seat in preparation of a meal.

"What the hell just happened?" Sakura asked in disbelief looking at those around her.

"Well, Kurama just showed us an excellent example of the Bijuus amazing powers! Kakashi-Sensei blurted. "He showcased his shapeshifting powers, just one of his many forms!"

"Show me how. Now." Sasuke said.

"Unless you somehow have one of my brothers or sisters sealed in you without my knowing. No can do, duck head." Kurama said.

Sasuke resigned and mumbled before starting, "Wait. Does that mean Naruto can shift as well?"

"Of course he can, why else would I say it dumbass." Kurama retorted.

"Naruto shift now." Sasuke said as he jumped up and went over to Naruto.

"While I can, I don't feel like stripping at the moment and my form is nowhere as impressive as Kyuu's." Naruto explained calmly.

The Bijuu who had finally summoned a haori in gold and red, went over and draped himself on Naruto.

"No one can see my mate naked except for me, anyways. Because I would be forced to tear their eyeballs out." He said sweetly with a smile while glaring at the ravenette.

Sasuke huffed and sat down again in a huff.

Naruto took the now prepared rabbit and began to roast it on the fire. A short while later it was done and he began to tear it into pieces giving the first piece to Kurama then giving one to others before taking his piece and sitting back down and leaning against Kurama. They all finished eating and Sakura was the first to rise to sleep, then Sasuke, and Kakashi-Sensei declared he would take the first watch.

Kurama and Naruto then got up and went to their tent, Kurama holding the flap open for Naruto. Naruto began to take off his weapons, and shrug off his shirt which he folded then put his weapons on in a place that was easy to get to quickly, Kurama followed suit. As they both got into their bedrolls Kurama dragged Naruto close and wrapped him up in his arms, Naruto laying his head on his mates chest breathing in his comforting scent of ash and cinnamon.

The Kyuubi nuzzled his head and said, "This mission is going to be exhausting you know?"

"I know, but it's a part of our lives. Missions we don't enjoy, at least you'll get to see your brother and I'll see Gaara." Naruto said softly as he leaned up to give Kurama a peck on the lips goodnight. Kurama threaded his clawed fingers through the blonds fine hair and deepened the kiss, tracing his lips with his sly tongue entering his mouth and meshing their tongues together tasting his little mate. He pulled back and gave him a small peck on the forehead before pulling him tight.

"I love you." Kurama rumbled.

"I love you more." Naruto returned softly as he began to drift off to the sounds of his mates steady heart beat, wrapped in his scent and arms.