King Daryl

Carl's pov

I was sitting next to Melina when I heard the door slam open and footsteps. "Where is she?" I heard Daryl asking.

"We're in here Daryl!" I yelled. He came rushing into the room and stopped by my side.

"How is she?" He asked. "She's ok for now but we need to preform surgery on her. Shane went to go get the supplies but isn't back yet." I explained.

"What happens if he doesn't make it back?" Daryl asked Hershel who came in the room to check up on Melina.

"Well it's up to y'all. I could continue the surgery, but she might have a bigger risk at dying." He said.

I could feel the tears come back to my eyes. I then feel a hand on my shoulder. I looked to see Daryl looking at me.

"Don't cry, she hates it, also she's a Dixon. The only thing that could kill a Dixon is a Dixon." He said. I nodded and wiped my tears away.

Dave then walked through the door. "Hello king Daryl." He said with respect.

"Please, just call me Daryl. I'm assuming your an angel." Daryl said and Dave nodded. They walked out of the room to talk.

I don't remember when but I laid my head down next to mine and Melina's intertwined hands and fell asleep.

Cash's pov

We all left the RV, scared and nervous for our friend. I decided to ride Mel's motorcycle to the farm so that it's not left behind.

When we got to the farm I saw Daryl, Shane, and my dad on the porch. Lori ran to dad causing me to roll my eyes.

I rushed up to Daryl worried for Mel. "Hey, is she alright, where's Carl?" I asked him.

"They're in the room on the right." He said and I rushed passed him going into the room.

Upon my arrival, I see the perfect opportunity in front of me. My baby brother was asleep and there was a pillow right next to him.

I quietly make my way to the pillow and raise it above my head. Then with some force, I slam it down on my brother's head.

He jumped up with a start. He looks around, he then spots me and let out a sigh.

"The hell was that for?" He asked. "You were hogging her. Now scoot over." I said sitting next to him.

"How is she?" I asked concerned. "She's fine, they did surgery last night." He said laying his head back down.

I could tell he hasn't gotten much sleep. I let out a sigh. I was about to say something when a guy with brown hair, and chocolate eyes entered the room.

"Hey Carl, Hershel wanted me to-" He started to say but stopped when he saw me.

At that moment I knew I fell in love. Is this what Carl felt when he saw Mel for the first time? I shook my head and broke eye contact.

"Hi, I'm Cash. I'm Carl's and Mel's older brother." I said standing up. He smiled and my heart stopped.

"Hi, I'm Dave." He introduced himself. "Nice to meet you Dave." I said trying to be polite. Wait. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME.

I'm only nice to the people I really care about. Well I'm fucked now. I looked to see Carl giving me a confused look but then he smiled.

"Hey Cash, did you know Dave's an angel like Lina?" He asked with that stupid fucking grin.

I can feel the heat rising in my face but forced it back down. "Really, that's cool." I said.

Before anyone could say anything else I heard a groan. I looked towards the noise to see Mel starting to wake up.