Amric in the bathroom pt. 1

It was the middle of the night at the blight manor. Amity stood in the hallway bathroom and looked into the bathroom mirror, the long green hair made her want to puke. She didn't feel like a girl, but felt more like a boy. Tears threatened to spill but she wouldn't let them. She couldn't let herself be weak.

She opened the cabinet and without thinking, she grabbed the scissors and started cutting the hair. Bits and pieces of green fell to the floor of the bathroom.

Amity hated that long, straight hair. It reminded her of her mother when she was Amity's age. Halfway through cutting it, Amity thought 'how will my parents react?! I don't want to disappoint them again!' amity looked into the mirror. Their hair was chunky and square-like. Their vision was blurry. They slid down the cabinet to the floor and hugged their knees to their chest and started sobbing. They wanted to be as small as possible and have no one notice them. But then they heard a voice from outside the bathroom

"Mittens?"

No one should be up. Did they wake someone up? This was bad, this was really bad. They started hyperventilating. It was getting harder to breathe. No one can see them like this. Their chest felt like it was closing in on itself.

"Mittens, I know you're in here, please open the door. I heard sobbing." Amity recognized the voice as Emiras.

"Please open, we're worried" Edric then said.

Amity couldn't talk. They couldn't fucking talk. They balled up their fist and started hitting their head hard. They needed to snap out of it. They had been caught.

Emira started hearing muffled sobs and sounds of beating. She knew Amity must be having a meltdown and it could get worse if they didn't intervene and help Amity.

"Fuck, Mittens we're coming in" Emira sounded panicked but concerned.

Emira casts a spell that unlocked the door. The twins burst into the bathroom and got greeted with a sobbing Amity, surrounded by pieces of green. Edric immediately rushed to amity's side and grasped onto amity's wrists to stop them from hitting herself.

"I know you hate this, but I can't let you hurt yourself," Edrics voice cracked a little while seeing his little sister like this. He hated seeing her having a meltdown because he knew how much she hated being vulnerable.

Emira slowly lowered herself down to the other side of Amity. She had noticed there were bandages right next to her. Emira frowned. She would have to do a checkup on Amity if she was using bandages. She pushed the bandages away and started whispering soft encouraging words into Amity's ear and playing with her chunky hair. After about 5 minutes had passed and Amity seemed to be a little calmer, Emira asked, "Can we give you a hug?" Amity nodded and the blight twins embraced Amity into a hug sandwich.

"Can you tell us what is wrong?" Edric asked quietly.

Amity sniffed and then mumbled, "I d-don't think I-I'm a girl... I Th-think I'm a boy. I want to g-go by Amric." Their grip tightened on the twins and a couple more tears fell from his face. "I want to use He/him pronouns..." He cried softly as he finally loosed his grip on the twins. The twins pulled away from the hug to look at their new brother.

"Thank you for telling us, Amric. We've always wanted a baby brother," Edric replied, ruffling Amric's hair.

"Though I have to admit, you are horrible at cutting hair," Joked Emira "do you want me to fix it up? I did do Edrics hair," Amric smiled at the light joke. He summoned his scroll and pulled up a photo and showed Emira what he wanted.

"Good first choice, it would look good on you"

Edric carried Amric and sat him down on top of toilet lid While Emira grabbed the hair cutting kit out of the secret compartment in the cabinet.

"Man, Lil bro, you sure are light, have you been eating enough?" Edric tried to lighten the mood however he secretly was very concerned as he hasn't been seeing Amric during their shared lunch period or at breakfast.

Emira pulled out the scissors and electric razor. She put the scroll with the picture of the haircut above Amric. As she started cutting the hair, she noticed how worried Amric looked.

"Are you going to tell mother and father?" Amric's voice was very shaky and it sounded like he was about to break down even more at any second.

"No! Not if you aren't ready to come out to them. We could help keep it a secret. Once we get you an actual binder, we will help make sure that mother doesn't realize you're wearing one with illusions. And if I catch you using ace bandages, I will not hesitate to kick your ass," Emira said sternly but gently.

"I'm going to go grab some things for you, baby bro, I'll be right back," Edric announced as he smiled and walked out of the bathroom.

Edric returned about 5 minutes later with a pill bottle, Amric's favorite stuffy, a bottle of water, and a change of clothes since he knew how Amric had sensory issues whenever getting his hair cut.

Amric immediately grabbed the stuffy and started cuddling it. It was an Otabin stuffy that the twins had gotten him for his fifth birthday. He mumbled a thank you to Edric and he smiled back. He liked to know he helped him feel better.

After a couple more minutes had passed, Amrics hair was finished. He felt it and it felt spikey when brushing it upwards. Little pieces of hair fell out when he was brushing it. He wanted to change his clothes so bad. He hated having itchy hair on his back. He took off his stupid nightgown that his mother would always make him wear, and Emira started sweeping the hair off his back and handed him the pajamas that Edric got.

Amric felt very sleepy and tired while changing. When he was done, his eyelids were droopy and he let out a little yawn. The twins knew it would be best if their baby brother went to sleep. He was studying all the time and barely got any sleep. He needed rest, especially after what just happened. The twins had helped with his meltdowns enough to know that crying always made him very sleepy.

"Hey, Amric, take these, we know how you always get headaches after a meltdown" Edric gestured the water and pills towards Amric. He took the medicine still clinging to his stuffy. The Otabin stuffy was his favorite and never wanted to leave it. He would take it everywhere he went when he was younger. His mother has tried to get rid of it but was never successful. He would always somehow get it back.

The twins guided Amric back to his room and tucked him into bed. He used to always say how he was too old to get tucked in by his siblings, but they knew he secretly liked it and found it comforting.

"We'll go shopping tomorrow so you can get a new closet of men's clothes and a binder," Emira whispered softly.

"Goodnight, baby brother" Edric said while getting off the bed.

Amric had curled up into a little ball underneath the covers, but had enough room to where his Otabin was tucked in his arms as he fell asleep peacefully.

Emira stood in awe as she saw her brother peacefully sleeping. She was glad he felt safe enough to let his walls down for a bit and finally relax after this stressful event.
------------------------------------------