23

Jade stared at the main exit and entrance to the pokemon center, still unsure of what had just happened. But either way, there was one thing that she knew for sure. She was going to meet Fantina.

"I... guess we better get ready for... whatever is about to happen." she finally managed to say as she got to her feet.

"Was that your first time meeting fans of yours?" Rhyme asked.

"I didn't even know I had fans."

"How? You're the Top Coordinator of Hoenn. You had to have had some fans right?"

"I guess I was so focused on other things that I didn't notice."

Jade stepped outside, relieved to see that the rain had stopped, the remaining group of trainers following close behind, excitedly murmuring to themselves about what would happen soon.

'I guess for this little encounter, I'm going to have an audience.' Jade thought.

The one trainer didn't take long to return to the Pokemon Center. With them, was a tall woman. At first, her long flowing dress reminded Jade of a Mismagius but then seeing the yellow plus signs when she got closer, Jade was reminded of a Drifblim instead. Perhaps this person was a ghost-type specialist.

The woman smiled the moment she spotted Jade. "Ah, so we finally meet. I've heard many things about you."

Jade couldn't help but wonder if this gym leader was originally from Kalos. Based on what she heard from Niko, her accent was just like the ones she met in Kalos.

"Uh, nice to meet you." Jade stuttered. "You're Fantina right? I was... actually hoping to meet you. If it's not too much to ask, do you think you can help me and my team get ready for the next contest? I heard that you know a lot about contests here and your advice would be really helpful. Obviously, I'm not asking you to tell me what exactly the judges are looking for if you're a judge yourself, I'd just like some pointers on how to improve."

Fantina's smile only got bigger. "But of course! I am more than happy to help you and your fantastic pokemon! Please, come with me."

Jade suddenly found herself being dragged into a somewhat less muddy place behind the contest hall. The almost barren area seemed to be a popular place for any kind of trainer to practice.

"Before we begin, I'd like to meet your pokemon." the gym leader requested.

Jade nodded and released her team. "Leafeon and Delcatty I've had since I started my journey back in Hoenn so they're the most experienced ones here. Misdreavus, Umbreon, and Gabite are pokemon I've met and caught along my journey here. And the little Buneary here just joined the team moments ago."

Umbreon hid behind Leafeon as they were being studied by Fantina. Leafeon draped his tail over her to provide some amount of comfort. Buneary jumped up on Gabite's head to get a better look at the woman in front of them. Delcatty was the first to approach Fantina, being more than happy to receive the attention.

"My, what marvelous pokemon you have." Fantina praised. "With some outfits of their own, their natural charm will shine even brighter!"

"Hm, never thought about dressing them up for contests if I'm being honest." Jade admitted. "Wouldn't the clothes get ruined during the battle rounds?"

"Yes but they need to look their best before. As well as their trainer." Fantina then looked to Jade. "From what I've seen in your appearances on tv, you have three contest ribbons yes? Then you must change up more than just your strategy. Your appearance must change as well. After all, everyone loves a fashionable contest star!"

Jade wasn't sure what to do when Fantina suddenly began to study her. "Hmm, I see. A simple and elegant look would suit you perfectly! Yes! Before we begin, we must find the perfect outfits for you and your pokemon!"

Jade had a feeling that this little search for outfits was going to be worse than the one she took with Niko back in Hoenn considering this person specialized in pokemon contests. But then again there were some differences between contests in Hoenn and Sinnoh. The ball capsules were just one of them. Maybe it was time to start looking at more outfits.

Jade let herself be dragged by the ghost-type gym leader to the nearest clothing store.

"Now then dear, why don't you go ahead and choose something that catches your eye? Things that would suit the personality of your pokemon would be an excellent start. No one can resist when a trainer and pokemon have matching outfits."

Jade stumbled and fell into the clothing store thanks to Fantina practically pushing her in. Once she regained her balance, she began to look around at everything that was on display.

'Something that will match with my pokemon.' she thought. 'Well, something nice but casual would make me match Leafeon. Then to match will Delcatty it would probably have to either something cutesy if not something that reminds someone of what a princess would wear. But if there has to be one for each member of my team then I have to form six different outfits.'

"Are you alright Jade?" Rhyme asked. "You seemed a bit overwhelmed with everything that's happened so far."

"I'll be fine." Jade assured her. "Just... picking out fancy outfits has never been my strong suit. And now I have to put together something for Leafeon and the others. But... I'll manage somehow. I have to if I wanna continue doing good for Contest."

"Do you know where you want to start looking?"

"She said to pick things that will match with my pokemon. I'll just have to consider the natural color schemes they have and go from there."

"Also hair accessories would be something to look at." Rhyme added. "Sometimes hair styles can enhance or hinder the overall look of an outfit."

Jade nodded. "I'll try to keep that in mind as well. From the looks of it, a lot of these designs were inspired based off of different pokemon so hopefully I can find something that's inspired by a pokemon on my team."

Taking a breath, Jade began her search.

Jade

Leafeon (Ability: Leaf Guard) Leaf Blade, Magical Leaf, Nature Power, Grass Whistle

Delcatty (Ability: Cute Charm) Attract, Shadow Ball, Blizzard, Safeguard

Misdreavus (Ability: Levitate) Psychic, Perish Song, Hex, Confuse Ray

Umbreon (Ability: Synchronize) Dark Pulse, Swift, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack

Gabite (Ability: Sand Veil) Dragon Claw, Dragon Breath, Bulldoze, Stone Edge

Buneary (Ability: Run Away) Double Kick, Quick Attack, Charm, Double Team

Rhyme

Piplup (Ability: Torrent) Bubble Beam, Peck, Bide, Pound

Plusle (Ability: Plus) Helping Hand, Nuzzle, Quick Attack, Spark

Minun (Ability: Minus) Helping Hand, Nuzzle, Quick Attack, Spark