Chapter 2

𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

                               𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

TW!

A day later the sun was shining brightly onto the Ikeda estate as the burning ball of fire washed away any trace of the storm from the previous night. Nothing remained except puddles on the ground and water dripping from the facade. Ezra woke up early not knowing that this day will change his life forever....

As the young boy got up and rubbed his eyes he let out a yawn- this night had been horrible once again. He changed into a fresh kimono and opened the sliding door as he took a deep breath trying to steel himself to face his parents.

They are always so grumpy in the mornings

Ezra held his head low as he made his way to the main area of their house, his feet tapping on the floor as he kept his eyes fixated on the ground only looking up when he noticed his parents already sitting and eating breakfast. Ezra let out a quiet breath "good morning mother....father." he said before quickly sitting down trying not to make eye contact. As he looks down to consume his food his mother spoke up "me and your father are going to the village today to see the spring festival, I expect you to train your sword skills as long as we're gone. And don't you dare slack off or do something else" she said with a harsh voice and Ezra felt a twinge of disappointment "b- but mother I thought- I want to go to the spring festival as well! I was training so hard yesterday and I-"  ezra blurted before he got interrupted by a fist on the table "Shut your mouth! You will do as I say!" His mother's voice was sharp and cold but Ezra bit his lip, he know he was testing her patience but he wanted to try- try and get her to listen "but mother please I-"

Slap

There it was again. In one moment to the other Ezra's head was whipped around by the force of the palm connecting to his cheek. He fell backward as his mother hovered above him with a cold glare "how dare you talk back to me?! You will stay here! And if you say one more word I'm gonna have to let your father punish you again! And you know he's not gonna be as merciful as I am!" She hissed as Ezra's breath hitched.

Anything but that

Ezra swallowed his tears and the lump in his throat and nods "....yes. of course mother" he whispered his voice broken as he sat up again looking down at the floor his White hair sprawling around his face as he clenched his fists by his side frustrated.

A while later his parents had left all done up in their most expensive and fancy attire making their way to the nearby village as Ezra was once again standing in the training hall facing the dummy in front of him. He was starring at it and bit his lip- he wanted to leave- only once. He always heard of the spring festival and how nice it was- why wasn't he allowed to see it too? Ezra clenched his fist again his mind racing. If he could go to the festival for a while without his parents noticing he would be fine right? They wouldn't notice anything as long as he stayed hidden and come back home before them- right?

Every cell in his body yearned to go out- to leave and socialize, see something new and maybe experience something nice for once. He was starved of happiness and tired of staying home and train all day for something he wasn't even sure he wanted to do. But if his parents found out they would punish him for sure- yes probably a hard beating from his father and a few slaps from his mother along with being denied food for three days... But Ezra didn't care. He would gladly take that punishment if it meant he could go and experience something for his own sake only once.