Ch. 7

If there was one thing Lo'ak hated, it was being defenceless.

He, his siblings and Spider were being held hostage by the enemy avatars. And amoung them was someone they never thought they'd ever meet.

Quaritch.

Jake's old boss.

The human Neytiri had killed

Only thing is...he wasn't dead.

Nor human anymore.

Somehow, he was walking around in an avatar body.

How, they don't know. All they knew was that they were in serious danger. And he wasn't alone. He had with him his wife, Rachael Quaritch, who was human, but heavily armed. Quaritch had seen his and Kiri's hands and figured out Jake was his father. Spider, he now knew, was his son. But didn't know how he became na'vi.

Now, they were sitting there as eclipse came and it started raining.

Tuk was scared, Lo'ak and Spider were trying to figure out how to escape and Kiri was silently praying to eywa.

They were all hoping for a way out.

Then they heard it.

A familiar call.

To the avatars, it just sounded like an animal.

But the children knew otherwise.

It was their mother. Calling for them and letting them know they were watching.

Lo'ak's ears twitched when he heard another familiar call. A yipping only he and his brother knew. 

Aluu.

She was telling him she was there as well.

He looked at Spider and gave a small nod. Now all they had to do was wait. And they didn't have to wait too long, either. Kiri started praying a bit louder, making the avatar holding her get irritated. Just as he was about to hit her, an arrow was shot straight through his head, killing him and freeing her.

The other bit the arms of their captives as bullets started firing and more arrows were shot. They got away, but Kiri was grabbed again, but another arrow killed him.

Quaritch dove behind a log and froze when he saw the familiar yellow arrows.

"That you, Mrs. Sully? I recognized your calling card" he called out, reloading his gun.

"Why don't you come on out? You and I have some unfinished business"

"Demon! I will kill you as many times as I have too!"

Rachael smirked "So. You're the famous Mrs. Sully who killed my husband?"

What Neytiri didn't notice, was that an avatar was prepared to shoot her from behind.

Before he could pull the trigger, an arrow flew into his head, killing him instantly. The one responsible was the one and only Neteyam. He was about to fire another arrow, when Jake pushed him out of the way.

The two ran, dodging bullets and firing back at the enemy.

Neytiri jumped from her tree after the children ran and followed them.

Spider had fallen after getting Kiri to safety. He could hear the enemies coming closer. An avatar grabbed him and she was about to take him when something sliced her throat and she dropped to the ground, choking on her blood. He felt something grab his hand and pull him through the forest. He figured out quickly it was Aluu.

She pushed him under the roots of a tree and they stayed there as a large aircraft picked up Quaritch and his team. They waited until they left and Aluu didn't sense them anymore.