11. SOPHIA

5th January, 2018

"What are you doing?"

I turn around to see Drew standing in the doorframe, his bag hanging loosely on his shoulders. I fold the page of the magazine and look at him. Is he really this dense? I have bridal magazines all around me, Liv going through a binder full of possible flower arrangements and Jade showing me how beautiful the napkins would look if she did them like at her restaurant. I'm ready to bite his head off but Liv beats me to it.

"She's planning her wedding, dipshit. You know, the one you asked her to be a part of?"

Drew scratches his head, flustered. "Oh, right. Sorry. I'll leave you ladies to it."

"Don't you want a say in things too?" I've always had a very clear picture of how I want my wedding to be but this is his wedding too.

"I don't want you to go all bridezilla on me, so no. Not really."

I try not to look too hurt by his words as he walks away from our little bridal party.

"Why are his panties in such a bunch? Did you tell him about Roman or something?"

I smack Liv's hand. "Olivia! Keep it down."

"So...he doesn't know?"

"Jade, really. How do you live with her?"

"She makes it up to me," Jade winks at Liv.

I snicker. The girls always make me feel better. Tessa was supposed to be here too but I think she's avoiding me after the whole Roman fiasco. I don't blame her. I've asked her for so many favors over the years and she's never said no. not once. If I ever wanted someone to do something 'no questions asked', I would go to Tessa. That girl is all business. And the epitome of loyalty. So when she tells me she has a stomach bug I believe her. I believe her even when I see her in the background of Amy's new Instagram story. "First day, woo hoo!" is sprawled in cursive across the screen, a smiling Amy accompanied by a frowning Tessa in the background. She does not condone using phones on shift.

Ideally, I wanted Tessa and Amy here for this but I can't wait. This is the one thing I've been looking forward to since Drew proposed. Asking Liv to be my maid of honor. And the wedding. I am looking forward to the wedding. Yay!

"You okay Soph? You look constipated."

"No. No. I am absolutely okay. Actually, I umm...I wanted to ask you something."

"No, Jade and I cannot have babies."

I laugh. "Not that, Liv! I wanted to ask you, Olivia Aldridge, will you do me the magnificent honor and be my-"

"Oh my god. Yes! Yes! Ahhh! I will be your maid of honor. Jade! Did you hear that? I'm going to be Soph's maid of honor! Holy hell, I have waited all my life for this. Soph, I promise, I will be the best maid of honor you ever could have wanted."

Jade and I exchange a look and burst into laughter as Liv continues her monologue about how I have bestowed an honor of the highest order upon her.