12.

yn was deep in thought, not expecting to talk with anyone that day at all, especially semi

yn was deep in thought, not expecting to talk with anyone that day at all, especially semi. she had always hoped that one day their friendship would return, and she would finally have her friends back, but when she saw semi standing in front of her desk, all she could think about was the end of her being a memberin the music club. she was useless to them, and now that they were planning on performing at a school festival, they probably needed to explain to teachers why she wasn't with them, and they had to kick her out because of her inactivity.

"are you free after school?"

"uh, yes."

"great, see you at the practice."

yn looked with big eyes at semi, who left the classroom shortly after. did he invite her to the practice just to kick her out? or... did he really invite her to the practice? she knew she shouldn't get her hopes up, but the possibility of meeting semi and akinori made her so happy that it was difficult to convince herself to be more realistic about what was going to happen.

that brief exchange of words kept her on the edge of her seat for the rest of the day.

she took a deep breath, but it wasn't enough to calm her down, before gently knocking and opening the doors.

"hi."

"oh, hi! im koganegawa kanji! We never had the pleasure of meeting, but i had heard so much about you that i couldn't wait for you to return so i could finally see you sing with my own eyes!"

when she was a first-year, beside semi and akinori who were second-years, in band were also two third-years, but they graduated and again, they had only one first-year, because sports and science were much more populated clubs than arts. yn was trying to keep up with what was going on in her club even though she wasn't attending meetings or practices, so she was aware of the new member. the member who for sure keep average height of their band high. damn, he was so tall up close...

"that's lovely, but i'm not here to sing or anything..."

"you're here exactly for that."

her gaze shifted to semi. was that the moment she had been waiting for?

"why?"

she was hesitant to ask this question because what if she had misunderstood the entire situation?

"uh..."

semi was never very good at expressing himself, which is why akinori stood in front of yn, taking the lead in this moment.

"we weren't good friends, leaving you after you started dating suguru, it took too long for us to finally get the courage to talk to you after that. you deserve an apology from the two of us. we would love to make our frienship work again, if you want to talk with us again."

"oh."

she had been waiting for this moment for a year, imagining every possible scenario and word combination between the three of them, but when it finally arrived, she had no idea what to say. even if she knew, the words wouldn't leave her throat because of how tight it was from holding back tears.

"oh no, don't cry, please." 

koganegawa clearly wasn't shy around new people, because he held her face as if they were best friends for life already. yn wasn't a fan of being affectionate with strangers, but warm hands on her face were a good distraction from her thoughts, in which she wondered if she deserved another chance at friendship with them. it's not like she wasn't at fault too, she should talk to them, leave daishou, and fight for their friendship, rather than just leaving it like that.

"shes crying, what now?"

he looked over his shoulder at his older friends, who looked equally panicked.

"ln-san, please dont cry, maybe just nod do you forgive them or not?"

she started wiping her tears away and released a shaky breath.

"i missed you."

"ahh, yn, we missed you too."

semi shoved koganegawa out of the way and hugged yn, nearly killing her. soon after, he invited akinori to their hug.

"hell yeah i love group hugs!"

koganegawa smiled happily and easily hugged the three of them, owing to his incredible height and long arms.

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪