Part 1

Notes: Ignore the mistakes. Any pictures used in the fiction are not mine. Credit to their respective owners. This work is entirely mine and any resemblance to any other work is pure coincidence. Kindly do not copy the work. Happy reading.

Jeongguk looked at himself in the mirror as he buttoned his uniform. He looked for any kind of crease in his uniform and straightened it out. ACP Jeon Jeongguk was known as a perfectionist in the police department and to the general public. The alpha was one of the most sought-after bachelors in the country. From being the assistant commissioner of police at the young age of 29 to being presented with a presidential award, Jeon Jeongguk was also nick-named "the golden officer" of the nation. New recruits often consider the alpha to be their role model and the reason to join the police force, while the senior officers were proud to have such a diligent officer as their subordinate.

Apart from these, what made the alpha a common name in households were his strikingly attractive features. The man was extremely handsome, being nearly 6 feet tall with broad shoulders and a well-built physique. The omegas went crazy over the alpha, who, to date, had not been associated with even a single romantic interest. People were always interested in his personal life, though, because everybody was curious why such an amazing alpha was single to this point. To be honest, there was nothing special. The alpha was just not interested in dating and all those cheesy things. He rather prefers doing something useful for society.

(Small note: Police ranks differ from country to country. Here I am using random ranks, which I like. It's completely fictional. In this story, ACP comes under SP, and the highest-ranking officer or head of the police force is the superintendent general.)

Kim Namjoon, his high school senior, and role model, who is now the superintendent, always nags him about this. "Everybody needs someone in their life, Jeongguk," he would say. The alpha used to be like him in the past, but after he got mated to Dr. Kim Seokjin, a neurosurgeon at the Seoul Metropolitan Hospital, the superintendent of police was a goner, head over heels for the beta. Well, to be honest, he does not fully blame Namjoon though. The beta surgeon had a unique charm that attracted people. It's no wonder he was able to melt the ever-stoic Kim Namjoon. But as for Jeongguk, he just hasn't found anyone yet who could even make a slight change in expression, let alone make him fall in love. He rolls his eyes, giving one final glance at himself in the mirror before going downstairs.

Jimin was plopped upon the couch, eating popcorn in the morning, watching the tv, his legs stretched onto Yoongi's lap, who was rubbing it with one hand while correcting the answer papers with the other, a big glass perched over his nose.

"Why don't you eat an actual breakfast instead of that?" Jeongguk says, making a disgusted face. The omega rolls his eyes, unimpressed, before stuffing more popcorn into his mouth.

"Not everybody has a stick up their asses like you, little brother; loosen up a bit, will you?" He says nonchalantly, changing the channel.

"You're pregnant; it's not good for your health, Yoongi Hyung; why are you allowing that?" Jeongguk mumbles in disbelief. Yoongi glances up, fixing his glasses, "Let him be Gguk; he was craving it, and the doctor said it's not harmful."

"Whatever," the alpha says, before sitting down for his breakfast. He was silently eating his breakfast when he felt his mother, Miyeon, sitting in the next chair, sliding a photograph of an omega towards him. Jeongguk raises his brows.

"Come on, Ggukie, just take a look at him; he's so pretty, and he's actually a doctor, so he's educated too, and from what I heard, he's really kind and sweet. Why don't you go and meet him, son?" she asks, displaying her best puppy eyes.