Chapter 8- Reliance

"M.I..s. MISs please calm down. We have a solution for your problem." Dr. Reeve says calmly, trying to ground me back from my thoughts.

I blink as I tilt my head at him, not sure if I heard him correctly. "A solution? Do you guys have restrooms all over the place or something?" I perk up.

Reeve slowly shakes his head. "Sadly no, our facility is run down and mostly abandoned so we don't have a lot of locations with restrooms"

I immediately deflate. "Oh. If it isn't that then what solution do you have?" I ask.

"As you know, our facility focuses on Child OCs, as such the government has supplied us the necessary equipment. This includes lots of food, baby formula, diapers, pull ups, baby wipes, and unscented soaps." Reeve lists off.

"You guys have babies here?" I question as I try not to have my voice waver.

Reeve looks uncomfortable as he slightly shuffles in place, faintly feeling [uncertainty/worry/guilt] from him. "Well, we aren't necessarily sure. Most of our patients are classified under monsters which is an entirely new species. And the shock of turning, as well as the unknown mental effects it has, as well as numerous factors has made us rather uncertain." Reeve dances around the topic.

{We do have three seemingly newborn patients. Whether they are aware of what happened or have completely regressed is a mystery. Though with how they act, there is a high chance they don't remember. Which the higher ups are suspiciously happy about.} His thought bubble states.

A sense of protectiveness bubbles within me as I silently grit my teeth. Not liking that the government had hold of such defenseless criaturas. Or the implication of how they got them here. I frown.

"Anyway, what is the age of your OC?" Reeve questions [excitement/tiredness/patience/annoyance/curiosity-].

I space out a bit, feeling incredibly overwhelmed from the onslaught of emotions as I try to filter out the ones that aren't mine, finding myself sensing more and more as the minutes tick by, giving me a slight headache.

[boredom/embarrassment/determination-] I grit my teeth as I push the warmth in my chest as deep as I can before shoving it in a imaginary reinforced box, placing the intent to BLOCK.

A chill travels down my spine as a sharp spike of pain jabs me in the skull. I wince slightly as I rub my temple, mind finally feeling clear.

"Uh, it depends. If its the age where I left my story, then less than 1. If its going by publication date or drafts, I'll be a toddler. If it goes by the end of the story though I might be a preschooler. So I don't know the exact age of my OC at the moment, as I didn't get to think that far ahead before this happened." I shrug.

{Really? Huh, with the circumference of her skull and with how tall she is, her body is roughly the same size of a 2-4 year old. How curious.} He hums as he nods his head. "Seeing as how your measurements roughly estimate to a toddler's, we can only guess that you are one. Though with your slim stature, I can only give you diapers as pull ups don't come in that small." He states with an apologetic look on his face.

I cringe into myself at the fact, really not liking the idea of wearing diapers. Its just so embarrassing, at least pull ups are more like underwear but diapers?

"Uh, can I go without wearing one? I'm pretty sure I can potty train myself already." I say awkwardly.

After all, I was completely potty trained when I was less than a year old. This body is older then that so it shouldn't be too hard.

Reeve shakes his head. "I'm sorry but no. Most of if not all the patients here are having accidents. It's probably normal- or as normal as suddenly changing species through unknown magical means can be."