What it takes- Aerosmith

2005, December 5th, 13:15

You left your house, it was getting cold so you decided
dress warm. You just so conveniently had a scarf that Mitsuya made for you. You took the gift out of common curtesy and didn't plan to wear it but you couldn't deny it felt very warm.

Not that you liked it or anything.

You decided to finally visit Baji's grave. You haven't been before, admittedly not having the courage to, but you decided why not. You didn't know what to bring as an offering but decided against bringing anything. He pretty much only liked fighting and you weren't going to beat someone up with no clear reason.

You still didn't know how to feel after his death. Your emotions were all scrambled and you ended up making yourself feel unwell thinking about him. You couldn't deny the great significance he had in your life. He was your best friend, he was always there for you, even when everyone else left you. You've felt comfort with him more than anyone else. You just wished you could feel the same away again, to see him again.

You got the address  for the cemetery from his mother. She for the most part, looked the same. She was always tough headed but you know the pain she is truly feeling. Having both her husband and child leave her behind must drive her insane.

The snow was starting to fall and you couldn't help but think back to your late friend. Winter was when you spent your best moments with him. He always managed to make you happy even when you felt like you couldn't be. Even though majority of the time he was a prick, he was also nice and thoughtful, he also always put his friends above himself; which is why he unfortunately died.

You reached the cemetery, surprising close to where you lived. Ryoko probably wanted to keep it close to her.

Walking to his grave, you never noticed someone sitting right below you, resulting you to step on them.

"Agh!" They yelped. You curiously looked around for where the voice came from only look below you.

There laid Matsuno Chifuyu with a hurt expression on his face. Your eyes only so slightly widened seeing him, him being here wasn't the most unusual thinking though.

"Move over." You said bluntly. He hurriedly sat back up and scooted over for you. He then looked over at you expectingly. "Hi, (Your name). I haven't seen you in awhile. How have you been?" He questioned. "I'm okay. I'd say that i'm surprised to see you here, but i'm not. How have you been?" He grew even more nervous. "Um— I've been better?" He sounded and looked really confused. "After Baji-san's death, I've just felt really lost." You only hummed in response and let him continue. "Im sure you feel worse than me, you were his best friend." He nervously bit his lip.

"I'm so sorry, (Your name)! I tried to stop him... I really did. I didn't want Baji-san to die. If only I did more than we wouldn't be here!" He cried out. Tears started brimming his face. You reached into your pocket to grab something. "Handkerchief?" You stretched your hand out to him displaying your handkerchief with a cute cat design. Chifuyu looked towards you embarrassed and covered his eyes with his arm.

"No! I'm okay!" He then wiped his eyes with his arm. "See? I'm not crying." He then lowered his arm to show you his face. You nodded in affirmation then decided to sit there in silence.