The message (Mey POV)

Wake up. Wake. Up. YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP-

...

As I opened my eyes the only sound that I could hear was my clock. Such an annoying sound. I'm not a big fan of clocks that beep, but at least it woke me up...
I got up and went straight to my phone. Just checking the messages, I'm not addicted or something!!

Interesting, what could Angela possibly want from me? Except for asking for the 100th time if we are still friends, which we are.

"Please meet me at my house ASAP

"Please meet me at my house ASAP..." I read the message quietly, that must be something bad.

I combed most of my fur, took the keys from the counter, and went outside. I never understood why I should lock the house. The neighborhood was quite nice, but you can never be too cautious!

Angela's house was not too far away, just 3 houses away from mine. She also lived with her sister, Emily, and I'm pretty cool with that, Emily's cool. I never understood why Kayla doesn't like her...

I was at the house, and I knocked. I think I waited 1 minute, Angela forgot how to open the door. As always.

"Come in," Angela said, not as happy as she often says. "Emily told me to send you that message, but don't take anything that she will say as it's true."

Huh? What does she mean by that?

"So, how's it been?" I broke the ice, trying to start a conversation.

"Pretty sweet. I just got my salary-"

"7-Eleven right?"

"Yeah, I worked so hard this month... I think 3 Karens came to the store. How about you?"

"Eh, you know, as usual, people call me to do things for them, I do it and then they give me money. "

" Good thing you're still here, in Aurora Hill, right? Everyone knows you!"

"Heh, I guess you're right!"

...

"Okay, we're at her door" Angela knocked on the door. There was a big sign on it saying "KNOCK FIRST. -EMILY" Wrote in capital letters. Makes sense why she knocked.

The door slightly opened, and you could only see an eye. Then, it fully opened...

"Finally, you are here." Emily's hoarse voice talked. She grabbed my hand and shoved me into her room. Angela remained at the door frame, looking at us.

Her room was all messy, a ton of paperwork was on the ground, and dirty dishes, but the thing that caught my attention the most was the big whiteboard above her work desk. It was like those whiteboards you would see in action movies. The ones used for theories.

"Why did you need me?"

She said nothing and started to search for something very desperate.

"Where is it.. where is it.." She mumbled, at least, I think that's what she said.

"FOUND IT!"

"Found what.?" I asked trying to get closer to her.

"Here, have a look." She turned back to me and showed me a paper.

" She turned back to me and showed me a paper

I inspected it. The writing was quite difficult to decipher, it was a cursive one. While I was reading, I saw a symbol. A strange one. I fully opened my eyes.

"Mey, are you oka-"

...

..

.