Chapter 12: Protecting Tazuna

RECAP

—-------------

I searched both of the bodies for items while Kakashi was talking with the bridge builder, concerning the C-Rank shinobi who were planning an attack.

—-------------

I had finally finished my search for anything of value. Stealing from dead bodies is bad, yes, but you have to remember that everything is fair in love and war. Because I have an Iron mind and Iron soul it may be the reason why I do not feel guilt. Maybe it will come to haunt me in my dreams, maybe when I am rotting away in a cell, waiting for death to finally take me away. I felt like I was suffocating then, Walls, walls, walls, When I was put in a room? I was just outside next to the bodies... bodies? I killed someone? I looked down at the blood splatter on my hands and arms, It was fading to a darker colour already.

I felt like someone took a hold of my lungs and squeezed, My hands reaching to scratch at my neck, my fingers leaving long angry red lines left like trails along my neck.

Something was shaking my shoulders, Their touch feeling like liquid magma on my shoulders. My vision had gone blank and tears welled up in my eyes, who was that?.

"RA" I turned my head in the direction the voice was coming from.

"KURA" I was shaking, This voice was my beacon in the darkness but I couldn't move.

"SAKURA" Finally I snapped to my senses, Naruto had both of his hands on my shoulders. He had a worried look on his face, A blob of silver in my peripheral caught my attention. Kakashi was telling Naruto to go stand by Tazuna with Sasuke, I blinked the tears away and tried to calm myself down with slow deep breath.

The silver-haired man helped me stand up and walked me to a stump farther away from the bodies. He did the chore of sealing what I had gathered in my scroll and let me calm down before we started walking again.

"Please do not bring this up again, let's all forget that happened, ne?" I spoke, my own voice sounding foreign to my ears. I scratched the nape of my neck with a sheepish expression, I must have picked it up from Naruto.

'Seriously ;;couldn't wait like one more minute for me to compartmentalise that before you had a psychotic breakdown?'

.

.

.

I almost stopped in my tracks when I heard that somewhat familiar voice, It almost sounded like-

'That's right, Inner Sakura is back in black!' The white chalkboard figure exclaimed.

I couldn't help but smile. This journey was going to be a lot more interesting with an inner being.

'Hell yeah it is!' The figure pumped her fist in the air with a grin like a cheshire cat on her face. I pursed my lips when an interesting idea came to mind, maybe Inner would be able to-

Tazuna led us onto a small boat, saying that the boat would take us to the village but we would need to stay quiet.

'No, no no no no no, nope, nope, Never' Inner tensed and shook her head quickly, shooting down the idea rather quickly.

'You could take any form you want, and since I kind of need a voice that will guide me.....' I pursed my lips in thought wondering what form or voice Inner should take, There were so many people to think about.

Finally we were off the boat and making our way on foot again to the small village.

'Let's make a list'