Chapter 14: Stand on guard

I had woken up early that morning, Shinobi rose up with the sun after all. Tazuna would get to work in two hours, plenty of time to get ready and meditate.

I slapped my cheeks to wake myself up, the stinging sensation was enough to get me out of bed. Every morning I tried to follow my routine of eating a healthy meal, brushing my hair and teeth, get dressed and sharpening any dull weapons. I would have to wait for Tsunami to make something for breakfast as I didn't want to mess with anything, so I decided to meditate.

'It's been a while' I spoke in my head to Inner, I could feel the grasp of the being pulled into my mind. When I opened my eyes I was in my mind's palace once again, Everyone had a different place in their mind.

Mine was a small cottage on an endless expanse of land, about fifteen feet away from the cottage was a large grandfather tree. It was my 'Happy place'.

'It's pretty cool huh, all your memories from your past lives are in that grandfather tree' Inner's voice called out to me. She rubbed one of the leaves from the sapling absentmindedly, I suddenly felt like I was pulled into a dream.

—--

"You're here really early" The brunette turned around, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

.

.

.

"You're early as well" I quickly shot back, I did not bother to hide the irritation laced into my voice.

—-

Just like that I was sent hurtling out of the memory back to where I was standing.

'Look up there' Inner pointed to the sky. The sky was like a dome forcefield of such, long light blue tentacles attached to the dome explored into the empty space beyond it.

"What are those..?" I questioned, several theories already popping into mind.

'When you first started meditating you were unlocking your tenketsu one at a time, since you have finished unlocking your tenketsu you are now growing your chakra reserves by stretching your chakra out. If that makes sense to you..?" Inner explained with narrowed eyes.

I nodded as I watched the glowing tendrils roam the sky above me.

"I want a summons contract"

.

.

.

'With which creatures?'

"Whatever creatures land I spawn into, as long as it isn't something useless like butterflies or hamsters" I shrugged nonchalantly, the tendrils in the sky were being sucked back into the dome.

'It's been an hour and a half, they're awake by now' Inner called out as I was kicked out of my mind.

I sighed and got off the ground, making my way down the stairs to the kitchen. The absence of the Blonde boy was rather nice, Quiet at last.

"Ah, Sakura-Chan, You will be protecting Tazuna today" Kakashi waved from his spot at the table. Sasuke, the emo duck bastard, was drilling holes in my head with his eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him in distaste. When the smell of Tsuami's cooking reached my nose I couldn't help my mouth from watering once I noticed the delicious looking food on the table.

"Mmm, It smells and looks so good!" I took a seat and happily munched on the perfect tamagoyaki. I almost moaned when I tried the miso soup.

"This Tamagoyaki tastes so good, and the Miso soup tastes like Jesus washed my tongue right before he finished. He told my dad, "She's good enough'" I sighed with a sincere expression on my face.